Saturday 5 December 2009

Merry Christmas Wreath Window Card for Jan and Alan

After making two wreath cards a while ago I wondered how it would look to make one with a circle window cut out of it. I have to say I like this version better, I think it looks more wreath-like. Here's my original wreath cards - the page will open in a new window. My friend Jan came to make a wreath card with me one afternoon last week and she really loved it. I will give this new window version to her and Alan as their Christmas card.

I used SU! Real Red CS for the base and stamped the flourish stamp from SU's Baroque Motifs set all over the card front in Real Red ink for that subtle tone on tone look. I then stamped the Medallion stamp and trimmed it and cut out the middle with a Nestie circle die and using the same die, I cut a window out of the card front. I then cut Olive and Vanilla circles for the inside of the card. I stamped the flourish in Olive on the Vanilla circle after stamping off on scrap paper once so I got a softer Olive colour and then I stamped the Merry Christmas in Real Red ink.

On my last wreath cards I used red brads as decorations on my wreaths but on this card I've used my new gorgeous red Swarovski crystals which really add some twinkle! The wreath is popped up with 3d foam pads. To finish the card off, I've rounded the right hand side corners and tied some thin gold cording around the spine in a bow.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Medallion stamp, flourish from SU! Baroque Motifs set, Fancy Christmas sentiment by Stampendous
CS: SU! Real Red, Very Vanilla & Old Olive
Ink: SU! Real Red & Old Olive
Tools: Circle Nestabilities dies, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: Siam Red Swarovski crystals, gold cording, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10