Monday 19 December 2011

Pine Cones & Poinsettias Stepper Card

This is the Christmas card I made for our fab friends Debbie and Mike.  I know Debbie loves pine cones and I wanted to try out the SU! Pines & Poinsettias set so I asked Jan if I could borrow her stamp set to make this card.  Jan very kindly lent me the stamps and it is a beautiful set.   I was pleased how the card turned out!

I started off with a 7" x 5" white stepper card base and I covered the back panel with some Holly Berry Bouquet patterned paper.  For the front panel, I stamped a background using the holly flourish image from the set onto Wild Wasabi CS in Wasabi ink.  I then got out the stamps and markers and got inky!  I used Wild Wasabi, Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Chip markers to ink the images.  I stamped the poinsettia and rose on a separate piece of CS, cut them out and popped them up and I added Dazzling Diamonds to the pine cones.  I stamped the Christmas banner and then added the 'merry merry' label which I attached with brads.  I layered the Vanilla panel onto a Cherry Cobbler mat and layered that onto a Vanilla mat.  The stamped Vanilla panel is popped up.  To finish off the front I taped down a strip of Very Vanilla ribbon, tied a separate bow and attached that to the strip with a glue dot.


Here's a close up photo of the stamped panel.  It's a real  labour of love inking these stamps with the markers but absolutely worth the effort when you see the finished result!  I couldn't make a lot of these cards though, this set is to make cards only for very special people who would appreciate the effort!  I have to say Debbie and Mike showed due reverence and appreciation LOL!


I added a Very Vanilla panel to the back of the card, stamped the pine cone cluster a couple of times and added a stamped sentiment panel.


Lastly, here's the envelope, with another pine cone cluster and strips of patterned paper and Wasabi CS..


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Pines & Poinsettias set, 'merry' from Pennant Parade set, sentiment on back from Stampendous
CS: PaperMania 7" x 5" white stepper card blank, SU! Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Holly Berry Bouquet DSP pack
Ink: SU! Wild Wasabi, Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler & Chocolate Chip

Tools:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, Spellbinders Labels Trio die, square Nestabilities dies
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, Real Red brads, Dazzling Diamonds & Dimensionals, glue dot



Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

I have this set, and I'm ashamed to say that I haven't used it at all this year! I may have to break it out and use it for this weeks challenge at SS.
Kelly xx

01 09 10