Saturday 3 December 2011

Sparkly Snowflakes Peace On Earth Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #36

This is the card I've made for this week's fab Simply Stampin' challenge.  It's a theme challenge this week and the theme is 'Snowflake Sparkle'.  Well, that was right up my alley 'cos I love snowflakes and I love sparkle!  I've chosen a cool toned colour combo of Pool Party, Marina Mist, Wisteria Wonder and Whisper White with a hint of silver and I've used the Serene Snowflakes set.

The side opening A6 card was made with Pool Party CS and I've rounded the top right corners.  I used Platinum Shimmer Paint to stamp the background snowflakes.  I shook the paint bottle so some paint got into the lid, removed the lid, patted a sponge dauber inside the lid to pick up the paint, dabbed off the excess onto scrap paper and then inked the stamp with the dauber - and repeated as necessary.  The Shimmer Paint takes longer to dry than dye ink does so if you use Shimmer Paint to ink stamps remember not to smudge your images!

For my sparkly snowflake panels, I stamped the snowflake image in VersaMark ink first, then stamped in the coloured ink, applied Heat & Stick powder, melted that with a heat gun and sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds.  I lightly heated the panel again and also patted a clean piece of kitchen paper over each panel to set the glitter.  I stamped one snowflake in Wisteria Wonder, one in Pool Party and the last one in Marina Mist ink.  I  cleaned the stamp after stamping with the coloured inks each time so that I didn't contaminate my VersaMark pad.  I edged the panels with the 3 inks also.  More sparkle was added with a rhinestone placed in each snowflake centre and I popped each panel up.  The sentiment, from 'Something for Christmas' was stamped in Wisteria Wonder ink.  I've performed surgery on my stamp and have cut the three sentiments apart so I can use them separately.   I used a square punch on the end to make a flag  banner shape, sponged the edges with Marina Mist ink, added a glimmer brad and popped the banner up.


I've made this card with a pocket inside so I can use it to give money or a gift card.  I covered a piece of Whisper White CS with dotted Wisteria Wonder paper and attached it to the card with Dimensionals just at the bottom and sides to form a pocket.  I stamped the 'Merry Christmas' in Marina Mist ink, edged the panel with Wisteria ink and glued the panel flat to the pocket.  I stamped 3 snowflakes on the front of the envelope and applied a strip of the dotted paper to finish off.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Serene Snowflakes set, SU! Something for Christmas a la carte stamp
CS: SU! Pool Party & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Wisteria Wonder dotted paper from In Color DSP stack
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Marina Mist & Wisteria Wonder, VersaMark
Tools: SU! 1 1/4" square & corner rounder punches
Embellishments & accessories:SU! Platinum Shimmer Paint,  U! Heat & Stick Powder, SU! Dazzling Diamonds, SU! Basic Rhinestones, SU! Basics Glimmer Brad, SU! Dimensionals



Photobucket


Thanks for popping by and please do join in with the Simply Stampin' challenge, I'd love to come and see your sparkly, frosty creations!  Ruth

5 comments:

kelly said...

Yet another stunner Ruth I'm sooooo jealous, every card you make is always so wonderful. Please tell me that sometimes your creations go wrong?!
Love Kelly xx

Unknown said...

Wow, your sparkly snowflakes are fantastic - thanks for the details. Maddy x

Michelle Short said...

Gorgeous card Ruth, I love the colours, so pretty xx

Jacqueline said...

Love this card Ruth and the Simply stampin challenge is one of my favourites - Jacqueline xx

Margaret said...

This definitely qualifies as snowflake sparkle! I can't get over how beautifully those colors shine through the dazzling diamonds on the picture. Makes me believe that it's even more stunning in person! Gorgeous card!!

01 09 10