Thursday 12 January 2012

Piggy Thanks Easel Card

This is a thank you card I made for a friend who loves pigs.  I just love how a button makes the perfect snout for this piggy!  The Button Buddies set is such fun to use.  I started with a white square card blank and added a scored line at the halfway point of one side of the card to form the easel card base. I covered the bottom panel with Bashful Blue dotty paper, added a punched Pretty in Pink border and popped up a Thanks Decorative Label.  I stamped piggy in Pretty in Pink ink, applied some Regal Rose ink with a sponge dauber, cut him out and added the button snout and rhinestone eyes.  I cut a rectangle of Bashful Blue CS, added a strip of torn Certainly Celery CS as grass and popped piggy up, tucking his back feet behind the grass.  I die cut 3 clouds using the Memory Box Puffy Clouds die, sponged them with Bashful Blue ink, glued 2 flat and popped 1 up.  To finish off the front I added some Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon.


I stamped a frame and sentiment on the bottom of the card and added a Pretty in Pink punched border.  I covered the envelope flap with some pink dotty paper to finish off.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Button Buddies, Sincere Salutations, Live Your Dream & Frames with a Flourish sets
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea & Bashful Blue Prints DSP packs
Ink:
  SU! Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery & Chocolate Chip
Tools:
SU! Top Note die, SU! plain and scalloped oval punches, SU! Decorative Label punch, SU! Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Memory Box Puffy Clouds die, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, pink button from SU! Subtles Designer Buttons, SU! Basic Rhinestones, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

Margaret said...

This is too cute! I love the background for your adorable piggy and the easel makes it perfect for enjoying the sweet scene anytime! A wonderful card and I'm sure your friend will love it!

Theresa said...

Your piggie is so cute and I like the pastel colors.

01 09 10