Saturday 25 February 2012

Lace 'A' Monogram Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #48

It's a theme challenge at Simply Stampin' this week - and the theme is 'lace'.  I've been inspired by my fab demo Joanne for my card.  I saw this lovely card months ago she made that showcases the new 2012 In Colors and I've wanted to make a version of it ever since.  This lace challenge was the perfect opportunity!  Yellow is not a 'go to' colour for me but I seem to be warming up to it these days and I do like it paired with blue.  I've used So Saffron, Marina Mist, Night of Navy with Whisper White as my combo - and I threw in some Flirtatious DSP for the inside and envelope.

First I made a Marina Mist side opening landscape A6 size card and then cut my white lace strips using the Lace Ribbon Border punch.  I then punched 1" circles of So Saffron and Night of Navy CS, glued those behind the lace borders and glued the three strips to the card front.  I debated about adding a sentiment or not  and then decided to add a monogram instead.  So I stamped the A from the Broadsheet Alphabet set and used plain and scalloped circle punches to mat and layer.  I tied Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon around the card in a knot before attaching the monogram element.  The Saffron and Navy circles are both popped up.  I then punched So Saffron and Night of Navy itty bitty flowers, gave them some shaping (more influence from Joanne there!), glued a flower to each lace circle centre and gave each one a rhinestone jewel.  I also added a jewel to the monogram A letter.


For the inside, I cut a Whisper White panel, added a strip of patterned paper and just part of a punched Night of Navy Lace Ribbon Border.  I could end up using this as a birthday card and if so I'll add a birthday sentiment at the time - from my eagerly awaited Happiest Birthday Wishes set!  A 3/4" circle punch is the perfect size to cut out the flower at the centre of the lace circle border.  After punching a flower out I tidied up the edges with a sanding block, matted and layered onto plain and scalloped punched circles and added a 1/4" Marina Mist circle to the flower centre.  I glued a strip of paper to the front of the envelope and glued the scalloped circle over the top to finish off.

I hope you can join us at Simply Stampin' this week to take part in this lace challenge - I'd love to check out your lacy creations!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Broadsheet Alphabet set
CS: SU! Marina Mist, So Saffron, Night of Navy & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Flirtatious DSP
Ink: SU! Marina Mist
Tools: SU! Lace Ribbon Border, itty bitty flower, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, 1/4", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Circle punches, Designer Sanding Block, large ended embossing tool & moulding mat for flower shaping
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels, SU! Dimensionals



Photobucket

4 comments:

kelly said...

OMG Ruth, you are totally right , yellow and blue are a combo made in heaven!!
This card is so pretty with those cute little flowers over the top of the punched strips!
Kelly xx

Amanda Burditt said...

Lovely! This punch is still on my wishlist but I am totally going to do a CASE when I do get it! xx

Kirei said...

I love what you have done with the Lace border punch Ruth, it looks fab all layered up with the blue and yellow card, and then the little flowers! Very effective! Kirei x

Aileen said...

Love the way you've used your ribbon punch and the colours are fab. x

01 09 10