Tuesday 11 September 2012

Rosette Flower Just Because Card

I wanted to make a rosette flower card using the dotty leaf stem from the SU! Sweetheart set but the stem on the stamp isn't very long.  I hit on the idea of covering the stamped stem with a thin strip of CS and then you can have a stem as long as you like!  I made the rosette using Pool Party patterned paper and I sponged the edges with Island Indigo ink.  I punched an Island Indigo circle, stamped the 'just because', punched it out with the Word Window punch and sponged the edges.  I attached the sentiment to the circle using a Build-a-Brad with dotty Island Indigo paper inside.  I die cut a Lucky Limeade decorative border using a Labels Framelits die and attached that to the Island Indigo mat layer.  I stamped the bird, cut it out and popped it up.  I added some jewel rhinestones to the border to finish off the front. 


I decorated a white panel for inside the card with patterned paper, a CS strip and a stamped birdie.  I then made a patterned paper envelope and added a rosette with a die cut flower centre and a stamped and punched label. A very happy card to make!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Sweetheart & It's Your Day sets
CS: SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! In Color DSP stack
Ink: SU! Island Indigo & Lucky Limeade
Tools: Sizzix Paper Rosette Decorative Strip die, SU! Labels Collection Framelits die, SU! Simply Scored & Diagonal Plate, SU! Blossom Party die, SU! Decorative Label & Word Window punches, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pewter Build-a-Brad, jewel rhinestones, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10