Tuesday 1 July 2014

Rosy Just For You Z Fold Card

Angela and Janet came round for a card making afternoon a few days ago and this is the card I designed for them to make.  I had already told them the card would NOT be blue and would NOT use Distress Inks - enough already with those!  My starting point was to choose some very pretty patterned papers.  That led me to make a Z fold card as they're great for showing off patterned papers.

As the papers are rosy it seemed fitting to use the beautiful rose from the SU! Stippled Blossoms set.  I only used Rose Red and Wild Wasabi inks for the rose and leaves because I stamped off the solid images once first before stamping the outline images in full strength ink over the top.  I love that with just one ink colour you can achieve the different tones - perfect for two step stamping!  I adhered the papers, die cut the window frame shapes and pierced borders on both shapes.  After fussy cutting the rose and leaves I popped them up on the white shape.  I stamped and punched the sentiment circle and popped that up also.  I tied Rose Red seam binding ribbon around the back panel and added some rhinestones to the Wild Wasabi label.


A view from a different angle so you can see the Z fold. 


Inside  I glued a strip of paper to the bottom of a white panel and added a line drawn with a Wild Wasabi marker.  You can't tell from the photo but the white polka dots and the rose panels on the  paper on the back panel are glossy. The papers are First Edition 'Floral Pavilion'.  Most of the papers are double sided but a few have a special finish - some are pearly, some glossy and some have a fabric like finish.  The papers are so very pretty I just couldn't resist getting a 6" x 6" pack!


A glossy rose panel was the perfect size to decorate the envelope flap after being cut out with a circle punch.


The afternoon did not start well - I accidentally knocked over my huge mug of tea and it went all over Angela, I was so mortified!  Luckily the tea had been standing for a while so it wasn't too hot and as Angela lives just up the road from me she was able to go home and change her clothes.  As the crafting hadn't started at least I hadn't ruined any finished projects, I just had to make Angela a new card kit up while she was changing clothes.  So after tipping tea all over Angela I then expected her to tackle two step stamping - which I know is not a fave technique of hers - so I fully expected not to be popular that afternoon!  I apologised profusely and Angela was sweet, very gracious and understanding.  Anyway, they both have booked a return visit - phew! 

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Stippled Blossoms' set, Crafty Impressions 'Medium Everyday Messages' clear set 

CS: SU! Rose Red, Wild Wasabi & Whisper White
Patterned paper: First Edition 'Floral Pavilion' 6" x 6" pack
Ink: SU! Rose Red & Wild Wasabi

Tools: SU! Simply Scored, 'Window Frames Collection' Framelits dies, 'Festive' paper piercing template, paper piercing tool, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rose Red seam binding ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 

No comments:

01 09 10