Monday 15 September 2014

Birdhouse Heartfelt Thanks Easel Card

I made this card for our wonderful friends Debs and Mike.  Debs loves nature and birds so I thought my blue tit birdhouse stamp was an ideal choice for their card!

The Marina Mist card measures 5 3/4" square and I used Basic Black and So Saffron as my accent colours.  I stamped the Hardwood stamp on the card base with Marina Mist ink, glued the So Saffron scalloped border at the bottom and added black CS dots.   I stamped the image twice onto watercolour paper, coloured the image with inks and a water brush, fussy cut the blue tit and the birdhouse and popped those up.  I popped up a heart shaped sentiment element as the easel stop.  I added a punched So Saffron flower with a rhinestone centre underneath the sentiment.  


Here's a closer look at the birdhouse panel.


On the bottom of the card I added a white panel, more Hardwood stamping and a sweet little birdie.  The flower on the envelope flap has heart shaped petals which I thought was very appropriate with the 'heartfelt thanks' message!  I attached the layers together with a So Saffron flower shaped brad and adhered the flower to the envelope flap to finish off.  I am delighted to say the card was very well received so big smiles all round!


Supplies:
Stamps: Imagination Crafts 'Birdhouse' set, SU! 'Hardwood' background stamp, sentiment from SU! 'Sweetheart' set
CS: SU! Marina Mist, So Saffron, Basic Black & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Marina Mist, So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede 

Tools: SU! Full Heart punch, Sizzix 'Lace Edging' Decorative Strip die, Sizzix flower Framelits dies from Big Shot starter kit, paper piercer, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! So Saffron flower shaped brad, rhinestone jewel, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

Ruth, your cards always amaze me! This is absolutely beautiful! I adore the colors and the lovely image! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

01 09 10