Wednesday 15 October 2014

Pine Trees Snow Scene Easel Card - Merry Monday #130

The wonderful 'Silent Night' challenge at Merry Monday this week gave me the perfect opportunity to get busy with my ink duster brushes again, I could definitely do with snow scene practise!  Silent Night made me think of a moonlit snow scene and that perfect hush and stillness that happens after snowfall.  

 

I've made a 5 1/4" square easel card using SU! Night of Navy CS.  The patterned paper on the bottom of the card is from a 6" x 6" paper pad called - very appropriately - 'Silent Night'.  It's hard to tell from the photo but the paper has a gorgeous silver foiled pattern.  To make my sky I positioned my mountain/valley stencil so it masked the bottom portion of the white panel and I dusted Tumbled Glass Distress Ink first.  I then applied a 1 1/2" punched circle as a moon mask and I dusted more Tumbled Glass ink, followed by Broken China, Faded Jeans and Dusty Concord inks. 

I moved the stencil down and and dusted Tumbled Glass ink along the top edge of the stencil and repeated that further down the panel to make my snow banks.  I then stamped the pine trees - using full strength Night of Navy ink for the larger trees and second generation stamping for the smaller trees in the background.  I stamped the sentiment and birds and edged the panel with Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans inks applied with sponge daubers.  I added some Star Dust Stickles to the snow banks and the largest tree and once that was dry I matted onto a Night of Navy panel followed by a Silver Glimmer Paper panel.  I glued that in place and popped up the pine trees circle element to act as the easel stop.


Here's a closer peek at the scene panel where you can see the sparkle.


Here's the bottom of the card with a sentiment panel and the stamped and inked envelope front.



Supplies:
Stamps: Inkylicious 'Northern Pine' & 'Take Flight' sets, 'Peace on Earth' from SU! 'Greetings of the Season' set, Penny Black 'Beautiful Season'
CS: SU! Night of Navy,  & Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper

Patterned paper: First Edition 'Silent Night' 6" x 6" pad
Ink: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Faded Jeans & Dusty Concord Tim Holtz Distress Inks, SU! Night of Navy
Tools: Inkylicious ink duster brushes & mountain/valley stencil, 1 1/2", 1 3/4" & 2" circle punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: Star Dust Stickles, SU! Dimensionals

 
 photo RoseRuth.gif

8 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, the wintery scene you create is lovely. Thank you for playing along with us for Merry Monday this week.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love how you created the scenery as an easel card and the little stopper is adorable too! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful! :0)

Ingrid said...

Great card! Love your snow drifts and your scene looks magical! :)

Jean said...

A stunning winter scene! Great take on the challenge inspiration!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty....gorgeous scenery and the sentiment on the inside is just beautiful! Thanks for playing with my Merry Monday challenge this week!

Susan Powell said...

This is beautiful! I love the birds flying off the page.

Susan Joyce said...

I like how you stamped an image on the part that holds the easel in place and the glittery snowdrifts. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

01 09 10