Tuesday 7 October 2014

Winter Tree Scene Christmas Card

Angela and Janet came round yesterday afternoon to make a card and they'd told me they wanted to make a Christmas scene card.  They both have recently purchased the Inkylicious ink duster starter kit so I used the Memento ink colours that are included in the kit - along with a couple more.

The 5 3/4" square card is made with Rich Razzleberry CS and the mat layer is Brushed Silver CS.  For the scene I cut a panel of Whisper White CS and firstly applied Dandelion ink over the whole panel.  I punched a 1 3/4" circle for a moon mask, used repositionable tape to stick that down and used the duster brushes to apply more inks - Rose Bud, Danube Blue, Paris Dusk and Grape Jelly.  I dragged a couple of almost dry duster brushes (with the Grape Jelly and Paris Dusk colours) across the moon to add just a wispy hint of colour so the moon isn't quite so stark.  I used Tuxedo Black ink and the Inkylicious mountain/valley stencil to dust the hills at the bottom.  I then stamped the trees and the Santa's Sleigh image and inked the edges of the panel with Tuxedo Black ink using a sponge dauber.  I popped up the sentiment oval, adhered some punched snowflakes and added a rhinestone jewel to each snowflake centre.  I used a fine tip PVA glue bottle to dot glue over the trees and I sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds glitter to add some sparkle.


Inside the card I stamped a sentiment layered over a stamped snowflake - I used Rich Razzleberry ink that had been stamped off for the snowflake.  I stamped three snowflakes on the front of the envelope to finish off.  Both Angela and Janet went home clutching their starter kits and were very happy with the cards they made.  I suspect they will be practising ink dusting quite a bit!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Lovely as a Tree', 'Best Yet' & 'Snowflakes' sets, Inkylicious 'Santa's Sleigh' set, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set

CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White & Brushed Silver
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Dandelion, Rose Bud, Danube Blue, Paris Dusk & Grape Jelly, SU! Rich Razzleberry & Smoky Slate
Tools: Inkylicious ink duster brushes & mountain/valley stencil, SU! 1 3/4" circle punch, SU! plain and scalloped oval punches, Fiskars snowflake punch, X Cut tiny snowflake punch, sponge dauber

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals



 photo RoseRuth.gif
 


No comments:

01 09 10