Wednesday 13 May 2015

No Spring Chicken On A Spring Card

I have a few cards waiting to be featured on the blog but due to a special request from Lesley I'm sharing this chicken 60th birthday card today.  Lesley wants to know what I've done with the chicken stamp I borrowed from her!  This is the card I made for our friend Mike's 60th birthday.  I loved this chicken stamp when I saw it, there's something just so appealing about it!  I thought it would be ideal for Mike's milestone birthday.  We went out for a delicious Italian meal to celebrate on Saturday night and I gave him the card then - I think he approved even though it did reference how old he was!  I so enjoyed making this card that I've now bought my own chicken stamp set for my stash!  

The chicken is paper pieced and I just had to put the chicken body on a wobble spring!  I made the chicken wire background by stamping the Kaisercraft Texture 'Honeycomb' stamp in SU! Smoky Slate ink.  I inked the edges of the white panel, the 'No spring chicken' sentiment label and all the fussy cut paper pieced elements.  I popped the heart and a few of the eggs up on 3D foam pads.  I glued the white panel to a Real Red CS mat layer, added three screw brads, glued the '60' numbers in place and glued the entire panel to a 7" x 5" white card base.


One of the sentiments in the stamp set is 'No spring chicken but still a tasty dish' and I cut the stamped sentiment apart so I could have part of the sentiment on the front and the rest of it on the inside of the card.  I glued the sentiment to a label cut from patterned paper and added more stamped and fussy cut eggs.


For the envelope I simply stamped this large sentiment onto a piece of patterned paper and glued it to the front of the envelope.



Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'No Spring Chicken' & 'Birthdays' sets, Kaisercraft Texture 'Honeycomb' stamp
CS: PaperMania 7" x 5" white card blank, SU! Real Red & Whisper White

Patterned paper: various, most from Penny Black 'Painted Blooms' 6" x 6" pad
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Smoky Slate,  Ranger Tim Holtz Wild Honey, Gathered Twigs & Walnut Stain Distress Inks

Tools: paper piercer, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: Studio Light 'Vintage Line' number toppers, Woodware Action Wobble Spring, screw brads, 3D foam pads


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10