Monday 29 June 2015

Sunshine, Silhouette & Striplet Class Cards

On Saturday I ran a 'Sunshine, Silhouette & Striplet' card making class in a room I hired at Martha & Daisy's in Burgess Hill.  I'm so happy to say that everything went very well indeed and I'll definitely book the room again for more classes.  The staff were so friendly and helpful and I had a lovely bunch of eight ladies so it was a very rewarding, happy day!

This first card uses a sun rays stencil to create a background, a silhouette stamp and a lovely sentiment.  I used Smoothies egg sponges to stencil Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks through the stencil.  I trimmed the stencilled panel to size, inked the edges with Spiced Marmalade ink, added the ribbons, matted onto a black CS layer and glued that to the front of a 5 3/4" square white card base.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope with more of that wonderful wheat stamp.


The next card uses a fabulous Sue Wilson Striplet die and lush pink Bazzill Bling CS.  I love the Sue Wilson dies and while the large, very elaborate and ornate card designs made with them are beautiful and elegant they really aren't my thing.  So when I use the Sue Wilson dies I tend to keep the card design fairly clean to allow the fancy die cut design to shine.  

Striplet die sets have two dies, an inner die that cuts the fancy border and an outer frame die.  I used just the inner Regal Striplet die to cut the border from a panel of 'In the Pink' Bazzill Bling CS.  I trimmed it to size, popped it up onto a square of 'Feather Boa' Bazzill Bling CS and mounted that onto a 5 3/4" square white card base. I die cut the Floral Corner and stamped and die cut the sentiment tag.  The dark pink mat under the white sentiment tag started out as a fancy tag shape but I didn't like that it was too long and didn't look right covering part of the cut out Striplet design.  So I snipped off the fancy ends - but they were put to one side and didn't go to waste!  I placed tiny 3D foam dots under the Floral Corner die cut shape to pop it up, I popped up the sentiment and added a few rhinestones to finish the front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of  SU! Pretty in Pink CS, trimmed it to size, rounded the corners, glued it in place and added the fancy ends I'd snipped off from the pink tag earlier.  The Spellbinders 'Floral Corner' set contains two dies, the fancy corner and an open flower die.  I layered an open flower on punched circles and added a rhinestone to the flower centre to decorate the envelope flap.


Next up is another sunshine card made with the SU! 'Kinda Eclectic' set.  I layered the Very Vanilla stamped panel onto a mat of Melon Mambo CS and glued that to the front of an Old Olive A6 sized card base.  I've used Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Mossy Meadow inks.  I stamped some images full strength and stamped off for some other images.  I stamped and punched the butterflies, glued them in place, folded the wings up and added rhinestones to the bodies.  To complete the card front I sprinkled on a few Bermuda Bay sequins.


Here's the inside and envelope - I love that pretty leaf stamp!


For the last card I used the Regal Striplet die again but die cut twice, cutting just part of the design out at the top and bottom so leaving a space for a stamped sentiment.  I popped up the Pool Party layer onto the Night of Navy A6 card base.  I stamped and punched the butterfly and added aqua pearls to it to finish the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope with more stamped butterflies.  


I'm so glad that the class went well and that everyone was happy with the venue.  I'll be running a 'One Layout, Four Cards' class next time and once I know my work schedule I'll arrange a class date.  

Supplies for 'Sunshine of Life' card:
Stamps: Woodware 'Wheat' set, sentiment from Inkylicious
CS: Craftwork Cards large square white card blank, SU! Basic Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Tim Holtz Mustard Seed, Wild Honey & Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks
Tools: That Special Touch 'Sunrise' mask, Creative Expressions Smoothies ink blending sponges, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Basic Black satin ribbon, black & white gingham ribbon


Supplies for Striplet Happy Birthday card:
Stamps: SU! 'Happiest Birthday Wishes' set, Hero Arts 'Fabulous Birthday'
CS: Craftwork Cards large square white card blank, 'In the Pink' & 'Feather Boa' Bazzill Bling, SU! Pretty in Pink & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Early Espresso
Tools: Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Regal' Striplet die set, Spellbinders D Lites 'Floral Corner' die set, Spellbinders Shapeabilities 'Fancy Framed Tags Two' die set, X Cut corner rounder punch, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, 3D foam tape


Supplies for Sunshine Kindness card:
Stamps: SU! 'Kinda Eclectic' set
CS: SU! Melon Mambo, Old Olive & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Mossy Meadow & Old Olive
Tools: SU! 'Bitty Butterfly' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Bermuda Bay sequin trim, SU! rhinestone jewels


Supplies for Striplet Butterfly thank you card:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Messages with Flourish' clear set, SU! 'Kinda Eclectic' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Pool Party & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Tools: Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Regal' Striplet die set, SU! 'Elegant Butterfly' punch
Embellishments & accessories: aqua pearls, 3D foam tape & pads 


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10