Saturday 11 July 2015

Brick Wall, Leaves & Butterflies Thanks Card

A Stampin' Up! delivery came recently and I couldn't wait to play with some of my new supplies!  I decided to combine the 'Brick Wall' embossing folder with the 'Vintage Leaves' stamp set and the matching 'Leaflets' Framelits dies.

I stamped the leaves onto Pear Pizzazz CS using Mossy Meadow ink and sponged the edges of each leaf with Mossy Meadow ink.  After embossing the Brick Wall pattern onto a panel of Whisper White CS I lightly brayered Crumb Cake ink over the top and edged the panel with Crumb Cake ink. I glued that to the front of an A6 card made with Thick Whisper White CS.  I stamped the 'THANKS' stamp from the 'Tin of Stamps' set - it's the perfect size to go inside a brick!  I shaped the leaves and adhered them to the card front, gluing some parts flat and popping other parts up on Dimensionals.  I stamped and punched the three Rose Red butterflies and glued those in place.  I added a linen thread bow to one of the leaves, placed a Rose Red Candy Dot on the knot and then added a small rhinestone.  I thought adding a few Crystal Effects dew drops to the leaves would be a nice finishing touch.  


Here's a closer look at the leaves - what gorgeous leaves they are too!  Hmmm, my Crystal Effects has gone a tad yellow so I need to replace my bottle, I have had it a very long time!  


For the inside and envelope I simply stamped some leaves in Mossy Meadow ink.  I'm VERY happy with my new supplies!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Vintage Leaves', 'Papillon Potpourri' & 'Tin of Cards' sets
CS: SU! Whisper White (Regular & Thick), Pear Pizzazz & Rose Red
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake & Mossy Meadow
Tools: SU! 'Leaflets' Framelits dies, 'Bitty Butterfly' punch, 'Brick Wall' embossing folder, Brayer, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Linen Thread, Rose Red Candy Dot, Jewel Rhinestone, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

2 comments:

Dora B. said...

Your card is beautiful and inspirational. I thought the leaves would be good for autumn but here you have made a gorgeous summertime card.

RitaR said...

This is the first card I've seen using the new Vintage Leaves stamp set .... and you've made a scrumptious creation! Just love the "dew drops" you added!

01 09 10