Thursday 28 April 2016

Bright Butterfly 21st Birthday Concertina Card & 21 Badge

Nicola is a work colleague of mine and she has recently celebrated her 21st birthday.  Some fellow Wilko colleagues asked me to make a 21st birthday card large enough for everyone in the store to sign.  I love Nicola to bits, she is delightfully bubbly and full of fun so I chose to use bright colours for her card!  I got to use some new goodies and I resurrected some old, long neglected goodies too.  I made a concertina card by gluing two A5 sized card blanks together.  I adhered a sentiment banner to the second panel and then added three Very Vanilla panels decorated with patterned paper strips and a flower cluster so each person had space to write their personal message to Nicola.


Here's the first panel of the concertina card.  I embossed the Basic Gray banner and the Old Olive piece with a butterfly embossing folder, added ribbon to the Old Olive piece, attached both pieces to the Melon Mambo layer, separating them with a strip of Silver Glimmer Paper.  I dusted off my SU! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die to make the layered butterfly element.  I've recently purchased the SU! Number of Years stamp set plus the matching number Framelits dies so I used those for the sentiments and numbers.  I die cut the 21 several times, glued the layers together, finishing with numbers cut from the sparkly Silver Glimmer Paper and glued the numbers and 'st' flag in place.  I popped up the sentiment banners and added punched flowers with rhinestone centres. 


Here's the second and third panels.  The lovely sentiment reads: " Wishing you many happy moments of discovering new things in life.  Have a wonderful birthday!"


Here's the last back panel and the back of the envelope which I decorated by gluing patterned paper to the flap.


Here's the front of the envelope with a die cut name label, more flowers and a tiny butterfly.  I re-used a lovely cream pearlescent envelope that I received my birthday card from my hubby in.  Owen never writes my name on envelopes for cards that he gives to me because he now knows I add them to my stash to be re-used!


Staff in Wilko stores are currently wearing badges to promote the Order and Collect service that Wilko offer.  I decided it would be fun to gussy up one of the spare badges for the birthday girl!  I die cut a circle of patterned paper and glued that to the front of the badge, I then added grey and pink circles - I embossed the pink circle with the butterfly embossing folder I'd used on the card and popped that layer up.  I then added layered 21 numbers, again finishing with a top layer of sparkly Silver Glimmer Paper.  I finished off the badge with a tiny die cut butterfly.  I thought I'd make something for the badge to be presented on and it just so happened that the Tonic Studios 'Boudoir Square' (diamond lattice shaped) die I've borrowed from my friend Wendy was perfect!  I cut the lattice from Basic Gray CS, popped that up on a square of Melon Mambo CS, glued a circle of Pacific Point CS over the centre of the lattice and attached the badge to the Pacific Point circle with 3D foam tape.  I sprinkled on a few rhinestones to finish. 


I had to decorate an envelope for the badge holder of course!  Here's the front.


Here's the back of the envelope.   I thoroughly enjoyed making this happy ensemble for Nicola, it was great fun!  I'll be back soon to share the card I made to give her just from me.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Number of Years' & 'Botanicals For You' sets, Stampendous 'Birthday Wish'
CS: SU! Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Basic Gray & Very Vanilla, SU! Silver Glimmer Paper

Patterned paper: SU! 'Sunshine & Sprinkles' DSP
Ink: SU! Pacific Point & Melon Mambo
Tools: SU! 'Beautiful Butterflies' Bigz die, SU! 'Large Numbers' Framelits dies, SU! 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslits die, Sizzix 'Banners' & 'Banners, Fancy' die sets, Tonic Studios Indulgence 'Boudoir Square' base die set, circle Nestabilities dies, EK Success small flower punch, XCut corner rounder punch, Crafts Concepts 'Butterfly Kisses' embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Melon Mambo stitched satin ribbon, SU! rhinestone jewels, SU! Dimensionals, 3D foam tape


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10