Wednesday 6 April 2016

Chick Hang In There Card

Love at first sight - that adorable chick in the SU! 'Honeycomb Happiness' Sale-A-Bration stamp set!  I wanted to make an encouraging card for a friend going through a tough time and I thought the 'Hang In There' sentiment was perfect for this.

I sponged a sky, stamped grass and stamped the chick and balloon onto a piece of watercolour paper.  I stamped the chick and balloon again so I could watercolour them, fussy cut them and pop them up.  I added a hint of sparkle to the balloon with a clear Wink of Stella pen.  I made a Bermuda Bay A6 sized card base and glued the chick panel to a piece of Early Espresso CS. I added the ribbon, button and brads to the Early Espresso piece and then glued the entire panel to the card front.



Here's the inside and the envelope decorated with more sparkly balloons. Rare precious time spent in my craft room is reason enough to smile - throw in an adorable stamped image and well, let's say there was a big ol' goofy grin on my face the whole time I was making this card!  


Owen's recovery is slow and is going to take a long time.  With working and keeping things going at home my opportunities to get inky are few and far between and my energy levels are depleted.  I'm finding it hard going at the moment to be truthful.  Just when I really need my crafty therapy I don't have the time or energy for it.  It's very frustrating - fingers crossed the situation will improve soon! 

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Honeycomb Happiness' & 'In the Meadow' sets
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Early Espresso & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink:  VersaFine Vintage Sepia, SU! Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Clear Wink of Stella pen
Tools: water brush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Bermuda Bay ribbon, Daffodil Delight button, brad bases & Daffodil Delight Candy Dots, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10