Saturday 25 June 2016

Blue Field Flowers Birthday Gap Card

Gap cards seem to be popular on Pinterest, I keep seeing them and I'd made a mental note to make one soon.  When I got out my SU! 'Field Flowers' set to make another two step stamping card I decided to make it a gap card.

I knew I wanted to use some paper from the SU! 'Floral Boutique' DSP pack so my colour combo had to include Night of Navy and white - I chose to add Marina Mist too.  The card base measures 5 3/4" square and the gap measures 2".  I glued the patterned paper pieces down first, added the white panel inside the card and stamped the sentiment.  I then stamped the image using Old Olive ink for the stem, Marina Mist ink for the solid flower images and Night of Navy ink for the outline images.  I matted and layered the panel and adhered it in place over the gap.  I stamped more flower images, fussy cut them and popped them up.


This floral image is one of my all time favourites, the flower is just so pretty!  I'd forgotten just how lovely it was and I so enjoyed using these stamps again!  Here's a closer look.


Here's the inside of the card.  I stamped and fussy cut two flower heads and added some rhinestone jewels around the sentiment.


Here's the envelope where I stamped the beautiful image onto the flap.  


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Field Flowers' & 'Birthday Blooms' sets
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Night of Navy & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Floral Boutique' DSP
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Marina Mist & Night of Navy
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

3 comments:

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Amazing and beautiful cards! That envelope is amazing! I love it so much.

RitaR said...

As much as I love your lovely card fronts, I get even more inspired by your "inside" and envelope designs ... such as this one and your earlier card creation featuring the Blossoms Abound set! Lovely, lovely work!

Unknown said...

Lovely card, would you be so kind as to share the measurements?

01 09 10