Friday 19 August 2016

Jar Of Roses Birthday Wish Card

A little while ago I made this vase of hydrangeas card using the Stampendous 'Build a Bouquet' stamp set.  It's such a lovely set and I couldn't wait to use it again!  This time I've used the jar and roses from the set to make a birthday card.  Next time I must use the daisy stamp from the set!

I stamped the jar onto a panel of watercolour paper and stamped the rose cluster and the leaves onto a separate piece of watercolour paper.  I coloured all the images by watercolouring with SU! inks and a wet paintbrush.  I trimmed the panel to size, layered it onto a mat of black CS and added Pretty in Pink brads.  I adhered some very pretty patterned paper to the bottom of the white 5" x 7" card base and added a narrow strip of black CS above the paper.  It's impossible to tell from the photo but the patterned paper has a lovely pearlescent sheen to it.  The jar image has the word 'Hello' on it but I wanted to cover that up so I popped up the 'Birthday Wish' sentiment label and then I also popped up the leaves and roses,


Here's the inside and the envelope featuring more of the gorgeous patterned paper.


Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous 'Build a Bouquet' cling stamp set, 'Birthday Wish' from Woodware 'Love Tulips' set, Inkylicious 'Wonderful Day' stamp
CS: PaperMania 5" x 7" white card blank, SU! Basic Black & Pink Pirouette, watercolour paper

Patterned paper: First Edition 'Floral Pavilion' 6" x 6" pad
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Rose Red, Garden Green, Lost Lagoon & Smoky Slate
Tools: Sizzix 'Banners, Fancy' & 'Charms, Fancy' die sets, Nestabilities Labels Four dies, SU! 'Mat Pack' & paper piercer, sponge dauber, paintbrush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pretty in Pink brads, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10