Friday 2 December 2016

December 2016 Card Group Projects

Yesterday was our last card group meeting of the year and a very happy time was had by all!  Due to my hubby being in hospital this time last year we missed a few card group meetings and didn't have a Christmas meeting in 2015.  So we had to make up for that this time! Christmas music, home made cakes, hand made Christmas cards, Secret Santa gifts and some crafting - what a perfect afternoon!

Last month I asked the ladies what they'd like to make on the December get together and the suggestions were another tag and gift bag, a masculine birthday card and a perennial favourite - a trees scene Christmas card with an inked sky, moon and Santa's sleigh.  I was also asked to make the designs simple.  As I knew there'd be lots going on during the afternoon simple seemed a good way to go!

First up is the gift bag and tag.  I dressed up a plain white gift bag with a decorated large scalloped tag and some festive gold sparkly ribbon.


Here's a close up of the tag.  I stamped the ornament in Mossy Meadow ink, die cut it, added a die cut gold foil hanger and popped it up on a circle Stitched Shape die cut.  The fishtail banner and sentiment label are also popped up.  I attached the tag to the bag with thick white baker's twine and added a sparkly gold ribbon bow to finish off.


I used The SU! 'Watercolor Wash' background stamp and the 'Wetlands' set to make the masculine birthday card.  I inked half the background stamp with Soft Sky ink and half with Crumb Cake ink - I patted the Crumb Cake ink pad over the stamp carefully and as I didn't go right up to where I'd inked with the Soft Sky there was a gap left.  I used a jumbo ink dauber to pick up Crumb Cake ink and then I patted the dauber over the stamp to colour the gap.  I stamped the speckles and sentiment in Soft Suede ink, the row of shore birds in Early Espresso ink, trimmed the panel to 3 1/4" square and layered it onto an Early Espresso mat.  I embossed the Soft Sky CS strip with the 'Seaside' folder, glued it to the front of the A6 Crumb Cake card base and adhered the image panel in place.  I used the Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper to round the top right corner of the card base.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


The row of winter trees stamp from the SU! 'Lovely as a Tree' set is such a gorgeous image and it's perfect for inked scenes.  My card group ladies obviously love the stamp as much as I do as we've used it lots at card group but they still wanted to use it again today!  I stamped the trees and the sentiment in black ink onto a panel of Whisper White CS and temporarily adhered a 1 1/4" paper circle to the panel as a moon mask.  I inked the sky with Distress Inks (Broken China, Faded Jeans and Dusty Concord) applied with ink duster brushes, removed the moon mask and dusted Broken China and Dusty Concord inks very lightly over the moon.  I stamped Santa's sleigh over the moon and glued the panel to a white A6 card base.  I think this design works well as a masculine birthday card - if you don't stamp Santa's sleigh - so I took both Christmas and birthday sentiments with me and let the ladies choose which type of card to make.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


As a thank you to my lovely group of ladies I made them a gift.  I'll share what I made for them in a few days!

Supplies for gift bag & tag:
Stamps: SU! 'Keepsake Ornaments' & 'Four the Holidays' sets
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz & Whisper White, Gold Foil Sheet
Ink: SU! Mossy Meadow
Tools: Sizzix tag die, SU! 'Holiday Ornaments' Framelits die set, MFT 'Award Ribbon' die set, Sizzix 'Ornaments #3' die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! thick white baker's twine, gold sparkly ribbon, SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for shore birds 'Birthday Greetings' card:
Stamps: SU! 'Wetlands', 'Gorgeous Grunge' & 'Blooming with Kindness' sets, SU! 'Watercolor Wash' background stamp
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Soft Sky, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! 'Seaside' embossing folder, Tsukineko Jumbo Sponge Dauber, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper


Supplies for inked sky & trees 'Merriest Wishes' card:
Stamps: SU! 'Lovely as a Tree' set, Inkylicious 'Santa's Sleigh' set, Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' set
CS: SU! Whisper White (regular & thick)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Tim Holtz Broken China, Faded Jeans & Dusty Concord Distress Inks
Tools: SU! 1 1/4" circle punch, Inkylicious ink duster brushes


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10