Friday 20 January 2017

Dragonfly Wonderful Friend Thanks Card

My friend Lesley ordered the 'Dragonfly Dreams' bundle as part of her January SU! order and I thought I'd make her a thank you card using my own bundle.  I know Lesley's favourite SU! colour is Pool Party so I used that along with white and a little bit of copper as my colour combo.

I stamped the dots, dragonfly and sentiment using VersaMark ink and heat embossed using copper powder.  I glued the Pool Party dotty strip to a larger strip of Copper Foil Sheet and glued that to the front of the Pool Party A6 card base.  I stamped the dots on Whisper White CS in stamped off once Pool Party ink, die cut the square and popped the square up.  I'd stamped the dragonfly on watercolour paper so that I could add colour to the wings using Pool Party ink and a water brush.  I die cut the dragonfly, glued the body flat to the white square and added Dimensionals under the wings with the backing paper left on so that the wings will stay raised.


Here's a closer look at the dragonfly.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I really love how the copper looks paired with Pool Party!  Bless her heart, Lesley phoned me after she'd opened the card to tell me she loved it!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Dragonfly Dreams' set
CS: SU! Pool Party & Whisper White, SU! Copper Foil Sheet, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Pool Party
Tools: SU! 'Detailed Dragonfly' Thinlits & 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die sets, heat tool, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! copper embossing powder, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This card is STUNNING...and so easy. Thank you, Ruth for sharing your great talent! Greetings from South Carolina, USA.

01 09 10