Monday 27 February 2017

Serene Scenery Squares Thank You Card

This is a CASE of a card shown on page 6 of the SU! 2017 Sale-A-Bration brochure.  The card in the brochure uses the 'Carried Away' DSP but I wanted to CASE the design using different SU! papers. By the way, DSP is Designer Series Paper - the name SU! give to their patterned papers.  I chose the 'Serene Scenery' DSP stack as I haven't used it all that much.  I really like that the card design features four squares of different papers and I'm hoping to make more cards using other patterned papers from my stash.

I made a 5 1/4" square card blank using Whisper White thick CS, cut my patterned paper pieces to 2 3/8" square and glued them in place.  I attached two strips of Burlap Ribbon to the card front using double sided tape.  I die cut three leafy sprays - one in Soft Suede, one in Old Olive and another in Early Espresso - and glued those in place.  I stamped and die cut the sentiment label, popped that up and added three gold metallic enamel circle shapes.


I used some of the 'Serene Scenery' DSP papers to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Rose Wonder' set
CS: SU! Soft Suede, Old Olive, Early Espresso & Whisper White thick

Patterned paper; 'Serene Scenery' DSP Stack
Ink: SU! Old Olive & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! 'Rose Garden' Thinlits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Burlap Ribbon, gold Metallic Enamel Shapes, Dimensionals







2 comments:

L Phillips said...

Ruth, this card is so beautiful! I love the symmetry and the timeless appeal of it. Would you elaborate on what is "DSP"? For those of us out of the creating game for a while. Thank you from Washington, usa

Ruth M said...

Hi, thanks so much for the lovely comment, I really appreciate it! I have updated the post to say DSP is Designer Series Paper which is the name Stampin' Up! gives to their patterned paper.

01 09 10