Monday 27 March 2017

Daisy Just Because Card & Matching Gift Box

Whilst browsing Pinterest I came across this striking card made by Jeanie Stark and that's what convinced me I needed to add the SU! 'That's the Tag' bundle to my crafting stash!  I love the simple, yet bold design of Jeanie's card and I couldn't wait to make my own version.  Jeanie later made a matching hexagonal gift box and so I just had to make one of those too!

Here's the card and box together.


Jeanie's excellent blog post includes full details of how she made her card.  I really like the look of inlaid die cut pieces and I did the daisy petals as well as the flower centres and leaves.  I inked each petal with Pink Pirouette ink and inked the flower centres with Soft Suede ink using sponge daubers before inlaying all the die cut pieces.  I love the dimension this adds!  Yes, it was a tad fiddly and time consuming but it was a Sunday afternoon, hubby was watching football on the TV and I was really happy with the finished results so it was well worth that little bit of extra effort!  I stamped the 'Just Because' sentiment from the 'Tin of Cards' set and popped up the daisy panel.


I used the polka dot paper to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.  I used two oval dies from the 'Stitched Shapes' die set to create the name label which I popped up.


Here's the gift box.  I used a square die from the 'Stitched Shapes' die set to cut patterned paper squares to decorate the box sides.  The So Saffron hexagon panel is popped up.  


Here's another view.  I added a ribbon pull tab to the front of the box.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Tin of Cards' set
CS: SU! So Saffron, Old Olive, Basic Black & Whisper White (regular & thick)

Patterned paper: Core'dinations
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Pink Pirouette & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Timeless Tags' Thinlits, 'Window Box' Thinlits & 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die sets, Sizzix 'Hexagon' Framelits die set, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Basic Black stitched satin ribbon, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10