Wednesday 20 September 2017

Painted Harvest Sunflowers Thankful For You Card

Watercolour look flower stamps are a real favourite of mine and I was immediately attracted to the SU! 'Painted Harvest' set in the 2017 Autumn/Winter catalogue.  I've placed a couple of orders from the Autumn/Winter catalogue  but I was focused on Christmas items and I told myself I could wait to order the 'Painted Harvest' set and leaf punch until I'd completed my Christmas cards.  Ummmm, nope - turned out I couldn't wait!

I wasn't scheduled to work on Sunday and I knew I'd be spending some time in my craft room checking out my new items.  I thought I'd make a couple of Christmas cards but just one look at the 'Painted Harvest' set as I was putting stuff away and a sunflowers card became my priority!

Oh my word, this set is a stamper's dream - easy to use and the results are stunning!  What a happy, joyful time I had creating this card for a special friend.

Rustic was the effect I was going for and I started by pulling out a wood pattern paper and my reel of burlap ribbon.  I adhered the paper to a mat of Early Espresso CS, added a strip of the burlap ribbon and glued the panel to the front of a 5 3/4" square Old Olive card base.  I then stamped my three sunflowers using Crushed Curry ink for the background layer, Pumpkin Pie ink (stamped off once) for the detailed layer and Early Espresso ink for the flower centres.  I stamped the leaves in Old Olive ink onto Whisper White CS and cut them out with the fab new Leaf punch.  After I'd fussy cut my three sunflowers I edged each one with Crushed Curry ink applied with a sponge dauber and I inked the edges of the leaves with Old Olive ink.  I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with the Pretty Label punch.  I stamped a leaf image a few times over the label with stamped off once Old Olive ink, inked the edges of the label and popped the label up.  I then faffed about for quite some time arranging the sunflowers and leaves!  I popped up the sunflowers and tucked the leaves behind, applying glue just to the stems.


Here's the inside of the card and the front of the envelope.  After stamping the flowers and leaves I stamped the small dots image a few times using Soft Suede ink.  I loved the fussy cut flowers and punched leaves I'd used on the card front but I REALLY loved how wonderful these images look simply stamped out - absolutely beautiful!  


I couldn't resist adding a sunflower to the envelope flap as well!  I'm thinking stationery made with this set would be gorgeous - I can imagine writing paper and/or note cards.  Those will definitely have to wait 'til I've added more Christmas cards to my pitiful stash!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Painted Harvest' set
CS: SU! Early Espresso, Old Olive & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Wood Textures' DSP stack
Ink: SU! Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Leaf' & 'Pretty Label' punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Burlap Ribbon, Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10