Saturday 14 October 2017

20 Christmas Cards - SU! Watercolor Christmas Project Kit

I am very behind on making my Christmas cards this year so I reckoned that getting the SU! 'Watercolor Christmas Project Kit' and the 'Watercolor Christmas' stamp set was a great idea!  A couple of afternoons in my craft room resulted in twenty Christmas cards to add to the stash!  I made each card design in turn and used a production line method so the cards came together really quickly.
 
Here are all four card designs together.


Here is card design number one.  I added rhinestone jewels to three of the trees.


Here is card design number two.  I stamped the sentiment in Emerald Envy rather than black.  I glued normal sized gold sequins on the card front - no way was I attempting to glue those teeny tiny mini sequins from the gold sequin trim provided in the kit!  


Here is card design number three.  I had an issue with the original card design from the kit in that there is no Christmas motif on the card - maybe I'm weird but I'm funny about that - I like all my cards to feature a motif, not just a sentiment and embellishments!  The other cards feature trees, holly and a wreath so I just had to add a motif - snowflakes from the SU! 'Snowflake Sentiments' set. I stamped the snowflakes in Pool Party ink and the sentiment in Emerald Envy ink.  I added a pop of red to the sentiment by using a red pearl as the dot over the 'j' in 'joy'.


Here is card design number four.  Again, I stamped the sentiment in Emerald Envy ink instead of black ink.  I used the Wink of Stella pen on the red berries to add some subtle shimmer.


Naturally I had to stamp the insides of all of the cards and the envelope flaps!  I stamped the snowflake cluster stamp from the SU! 'Perpetual Birthday Calendar' set in Pool Party ink, both sentiments were stamped in Real Red ink and the row of three snowflakes was stamped using Emerald Envy ink.  I used the MISTI, it's so helpful when you're stamping a batch of cards!  This kit came with gold foil envelope liners but they were so thick that folding them resulted in a really ugly crease.  I opted not to use them as envelope liners and will use them as gold foil CS instead!


Here are all of the cards ready to go in the Christmas card box.  It was a great feeling to see them all together!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Watercolor Christmas', 'Snowflake Sentiments' & 'Perpetual Birthday Calendar' sets
CS: SU! 'Watercolor Christmas Project Kit'
Ink: SU! Archival Black, Emerald Envy, Pool Party & Real Red

Tools: MISTI
Embellishments & accessories: SU! gold mini sequin trim(from kit), SU! rhinestone jewels, SU! Dimensionals, red pearls, gold sequins, Wink of Stella pen

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10