Wednesday 18 January 2017

Hot Air Balloon Thank You Card

SU! demos always know what day their SU! goodies will arrive but not what time of day UPS will deliver them.  For my most recent order I was lucky and got a morning delivery on a day off from work which meant I had lots of time to play with my new goodies!  This is a card I made using the 'Lift Me Up' bundle and the 'Carried Away' DSP which is a SAB freebie.  I must say I really love these hot air balloon stamps and dies!

I glued some patterned paper to the bottom of a Smoky Slate panel, added a strip of Watermelon Wonder CS and glued the whole panel to the front of a Night of Navy A6 card base.  I stamped and die cut the clouds and the Thank You rectangle, die cut the balloon pieces and popped up one cloud and the hot air balloon.  I added some rhinestone jewels to the balloon to complete the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  Yeah, that 'Thank You' stamp is very large and I wouldn't normally have put a sentiment that big inside a card - it's just that I wanted to use another of my SAB freebies - the 'So Very Much' stamp set!  


My friend Jan bought the 'Lift Me Up' bundle as part of her January SU! order and I gave this card to her.  I always put a 'handmade by' or similar sentiment on the back of my cards.  I bought the SU! 'I Stamped This' set a while ago and the set has a 'Just for You' stamp with a hot air balloon so I had to use that on the back of the card!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Lift Me Up', 'So Very Much' & 'I Stamped This' sets
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Carried Away' DSP
Ink: SU! Night of Navy & Watermelon Wonder
Tools: SU! 'Up & Away' Thinlits & 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits dies sets, SU! 'Word Window' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif





No comments:

01 09 10