Whilst browsing on Pinterest I came across these lovely notebooks made by Julie Davison and used the design as inspiration for a card.
I glued the patterned paper and Mossy Meadow CS strips to the stamped Mint Macaron CS panel, inked the edges with Mossy Meadow ink and glued that to the front of a white A6 sized card base. I stamped the large floral image onto a scrap of white CS after stamping off once first, punched out a 1 3/4" circle, stamped the dots and sentiment, edged the circle with Mossy Meadow ink and glued it to a 2" Mossy Meadow circle. The scalloped circle and flag shapes were cut using my MFT 'First Place Award Ribbon' die set. I finished off with a couple of pearls.
Here's a closer look at the sentiment circle. Even though the look is very subtle, I'm very fond of layered stamping.
Here's the inside and envelope.
The 'Rose Wonder' stamp set and matching dies appealed to me as soon as I saw them. I wanted to make one card using the large rose die and a second card using the large rose stamp. Originally I planned to make a white on white card with the rose die but I ended up with this bold contrast design instead! I wanted the rose die cut shape to cover the whole width of the card so I cut a bit off the side from the Real Red A6 card. I glued the positive die cut shape to the card first, then glued the leftover piece into place, trimmed it accordingly and stamped the sentiment. I didn't glue the rose completely flat, I bent some petals and leaves up to add a bit of dimension.
Here's the inside and the envelope. I thought my Fiskars Rose punch worked well to decorate the inside and envelope!
Now onto the 3rd card where I used the large rose stamp. I CASEd a very pretty card made by Jackie Bolhuis.
Jackie had stamped onto SU! Shimmer White CS and watercoloured the rose images. I took that idea but made a square card, only stamped one rose image and I used grey ink rather than black. The mat layer was cut from Rose Red CS and I used Rose Red and Wild Wasabi inks to colour the rose image. I placed drops of ink from re-inker bottles onto a ceramic tile and used a water brush to apply the colours. I really didn't worry too much about the colouring, opting for a fast and loose approach because I was using Shimmer White CS rather than watercolour paper! Like Jackie, I added a few speckles using a stamp from the SU! 'Gorgeous Grunge' set. I absolutely love the label stamp and matching die - they're going to be used a fair bit I'm sure! I popped up the sentiment label to complete the card front.
Here's the inside and the envelope with just monochrome stamping of the lovely rose image.
A very happy afternoon, I enjoyed it immensely! Many thanks to Wendy for supplying the blueberry muffins we scoffed with our cuppas! Because I went for three floral design cards this time I did say that there could be be a masculine card in March. I didn't promise - but then I do need to ink up my new SU! 'In the Meadow' stamps!