Monday 14 January 2013

Cupcakes Sweet Friend Easel Card For Lesley

My friend Lesley gave me such a fab Christmas gift - it was a mixing bowl, some gorgeous flowery doilies and a load of assorted cake toppings and sprinkles.  She'd put everything inside the mixing bowl, put it inside snowflake patterned cellophane and tied it up with a big silver bow.  I kept having a crafty feel of the present before Christmas but I would never have guessed what was inside the wrapping paper!

I thought it only fitting that I used cupcake images to make Lesley a thank you card!  I started off by making a Raspberry Ripple easel card.  I then stamped the cupcakes onto watercolour paper, coloured them with inks and a wet paintbrush and fussy cut them out.  I then added glitter, Glossy Accents and white gel pen highlights to embellish the cakes.  I popped two cakes up onto a Whisper White die cut doily and popped another cake up onto the dotty embossed Crumb Cake panel to act as the stop for the easel.  I used a Fishtail Flag die for the sentiment and added punched flowers with jewel centres.


Here's a close up of the 2 cupcakes on the doily.


I glued a white panel to the bottom of the card and added a stamped and die cut sentiment label.



Here's the envelope flap with another stamped and fussy cut cupcake and I couldn't resist adding the naughty but very nice sentiment!  


Supplies:
Stamps: Personal Impressions 'Hi Cupcake' clear set,  'Sweet Friend' from SU! 'You Are Loved' set, Thank You from Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' clear set
CS: SU! Raspberry Ripple, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Crumb Cake, Old Olive & Chocolate Chip, white gel pen
Tools:  Cheery Lynn French Pastry doily die, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die, flower punch from SU! Itty Bitty Punch Pack,  Crafts Too 5" x 5" Dots embossing folder, Hero Arts Small Tag Frame Frame Cuts die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Glossy Accents, SU! Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


Photobucket

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hi Ruth - gorgeous card, love your yummy cup cakes! - Jacqueline xx

Peanut said...

I recognise those stamps. I bought them couple of years ago and within about 18months they started "melting" - they just fell apart. I'm not so convinced by the quality by Personal Impression's acrylic stamps. It's not the only PI set that melted away. And I treat all my clear stamps the same way - no harsh cleaning. Older WaltzingMouse stamps, with infinitely more use are still as they were the day I bought them. Tell me how you fair with yours. It may be I was plain unlucky.
BTW, your card is scrumptious!






Brenda said...

Ruth, thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing a comment. I took a few moments to explore your blog. I love your Christmas cards!

Unknown said...

Hi Ruth,
Thank you for your kind comments, have just joined your site fab,
Hugs
Suzy B ( a galloping granny)

01 09 10