Saturday 16 February 2013

Lovey Dovey Snow Couple Card - 52 {C}CT Feb Theme Challenge

Danielle has set a wonderful Heart/Love theme challenge for us at 52 {C}CT this week.


I knew immediately what stamp to use - I can't help but think 'love' when I see this snowy couple!  I stamped the image onto watercolour paper and used inks and a paintbrush to colour.  This is a large image and I decided to trim it to make it smaller.  I sponged the edges with Old Olive ink and layered onto an Old Olive mat.  I thought the 'a wish from the heart for a wonderful Christmas' was the perfect sentiment for this card and I used masking and stamped the sentiment twice so that I could split the sentiment into two pieces.   I added the dotty Old Olive ribbon and popped the oval up.  I then used an Embosslits die to cut some hearts and I added a rhinestone to each heart.  


More embossed hearts on a panel inside with a 'love' sentiment from a Hero Arts set.   


The same set has this smaller 'Peace, Love & Joy' sentiment and I thought that was ideal to go on the envelope flap!  I thought more hearts were called for too!


What a happy card to make!  I do hope you'll join in with our fab theme challenge this week, I'd love to visit you and see your love/heart themed Christmas cards!  Check out the cards from the other DT members, they're sure to be fab!

Hazel very kindly left me a comment to tell me my card would fit with her CHNC challenges this week so I'm linking up this card there too!



Supplies:
Stamps:  Stampendous 'Snowfall Pair' Jumbo Cling stamp set, Penny Black 'a wish...', Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' clear set
CS: SU! Riding Hood Red, Old Olive & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie & Bordering Blue
Tools: SU! Fashionable Hearts Embosslits die, SU! large oval punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive dotted grosgrain ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo SparkleHeartRuth.gif

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Absolutely beautiful - saw this on 52 Christmas card throwdown and had to come for a closer look - would be just right for both of my CHNC challenges - would love to see you link there too. x

Hazel said...

Thank you so much linking your beautiful card for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely amazing, Ruth! LOVE your sweet snowmen and your colors are just amazing! The little hearts with bling are wonderful, too! HUGS! :)

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining at CHNC extra chellenge this month.

Danielle Vincent said...

So so cute Ruth! And made so beautifully too (as usual) with the inside as well. LOVE those two snowpeople and the darling hearts. Hugs D

Louise van Vuren said...

I could have guessed snowmen, as I know you love them on your cards, but this is so cute and the colouring is amazing. Love the inside too - you are a card genius!

Louise xx

01 09 10