Friday 10 May 2013

Blooms & French Foliage Note Card

We're spending the rest of the day out with our wonderful friends Debs and Mike and I gave them this card as a thank you for my birthday gift.  I've been meaning to give this card to them for ages but I keep forgetting - I'm at that age you know!

I stamped the French Script stamp in Crumb Cake ink onto the Very Vanilla panel and then stamped the flower from the Blooming with Kindness set in Rose Red ink three times without re-inking.  I stamped the postmark and a few splatters, sponged the edges and added the Rose Red seam binding ribbon and antique brad.  I layered the Very Vanilla panel onto Rose Red and Soft Suede mats, added brads at the corners and mounted the whole layer onto a 5 1/4" square Crumb Cake card base.  I stamped three leaves, inking first with Crumb Cake ink and then adding some Rose Red ink with a sponge dauber.  I fussy cut the leaves, sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink and popped them up, tucking the bottom of the leaves behind the ribbon.  Lastly I spritzed the entire card front with Perfect Pearls Cappuccino mist.


Here's the inside and envelope with more blooms and French Foliage stamped images.  Hmmm, I may have overdone the splatters on the inside, aside from that, I'm happy how this card turned out!  Debs and Mike loved the card so that's good!  Apart from a paper piercer for the brads I didn't use any tools, there was just lots of stamping.  It's good to do just the basics sometimes!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'French Script' background stamp, 'Blooming with Kindness' & 'French Foliage' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Rose Red, Soft Suede & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Rose Red & Soft Suede
Tools: paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rose Red seam binding ribbon, antique brad, vintage brads, Dimensionals, Perfect Pearls Cappuccino mist


 photo RoseRuth.gif

2 comments:

Rocky said...

This is gorgeous Ruth. How do you do your splatters, they look really good?

Pia S said...

WOW! What a great idea for making your own background paper - which I actually thought it was before reading your post! Beautiful!

01 09 10