Friday 19 July 2013

SU! Best Of Flowers Cards - For Margaret

This is my second post for today and is especially for my friend Margaret from card group.  Last month at card group we made this card using the SU! Best of Flowers set.


I knew Margaret was interested in the set so I also made cards with the other stamps in the Best of Flowers set as examples for her to look at.  Silly me, I forgot to take the other cards with me to card group so I told Margaret I would post the cards on my blog so she could see them.  I had only made the card fronts so I put the cards in my "To be Completed" box - and then promptly forgot all about them!  I'm SO sorry Margaret - but, finally, here are the cards for you to see!

This card is  made with Very Vanilla CS and measures 4 1/4" square - the image panel is a tad over 2 1/4" square.  I applied Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral inks and then stamped the daisies in Early Espresso ink twice - once full strength and another stamped off once.  I also stamped the sentiment in Espresso ink.  I edged the panel with Calypso Coral ink and popped it up onto Espresso and Coral mat layers.  I haven't stamped inside but I did sponge, stamp and punch a circle element for the envelope flap.

 
 The next card uses the hydrangea image from the set.  This is a side opening Rose Red A6 card.  I stamped the French Script background stamp in Smoky Slate ink onto Whisper White CS - after stamping off once first.  Over the top of the background I then stamped one hydrangea in Smoky Slate ink and two in Rose Red ink and I die cut the images into three squares measuring a tad over 1 1/2" square.  I layered the white squares onto light and dark grey mats.  I embossed lines onto the card front using the Simply Scored tool, glued the squares to the card front and glued the white sentiment strip.  To make the circle embellishments I punched six 3/8" circles, stacking two together for some dimension and I then covered the circles with Crystal Effects so they're glossy.


 Here's a closer view of one of the white panels so you can see the subtle background stamping and the beautiful hydrangea image better.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


When I took my cards out of the "To be Completed" box and saw the card I'd made using the floral spray image from the set I didn't really like the card all that much.  I thought I could do better so I started afresh and made this card!  The floral spray image is very pretty - it reminds me of toile.  I stamped the image a few times onto the label in Marina Mist ink - after stamping off once first.  I inked the edges of the label in Marina Mist ink and stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink.  I added punched flowers and brads to the label, die cut a Top Note shape, embossed it with the Fancy Fan folder and popped the label up onto the Top Note shape.  I made a shabby stacked flower by stamping the floral spray image onto Crumb Cake CS a few times in Espresso ink and I cut 3 flowers out with the Pansy punch.  I spritzed the back of each flower with water, scrunched them up a few times and when they were dry I sponged the edges with Espresso ink.  I die cut Espresso leaves and attached the flower layers together with a Marina Mist flower shaped brad.  I made a side opening Crumb Cake A6 card base, added the Espresso stitched ribbon and glued the Top Note shape to the card front.  I completed the card front by adding a jewel to the flower brad centre.


Here's a closer view of the shabby flower.

 
Here's the inside and the envelope.



Here's a closer view of the floral spray image - SO pretty!


Hope this helps you make up your mind about the Best of Flowers set Margaret - so sorry you had to wait so long!

Supplies for Very Vanilla card:
Stamps: SU! 'Best of Flowers' set, 'Thank You' from SU! 'Blooming with Kindness' set
CS: SU! Calypso Coral, Early Espresso & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral & Early Espresso
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, circle punches, sponges & sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories:  Dimensionals


Supplies for Rose Red card:
Stamps: SU! 'Best of Flowers' & 'Curly Cute' sets,  'French Script' background stamp, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: SU! Rose Red, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Rose Red & Smoky Slate
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, 3/8" circle punch, SU! Simply Scored
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crystal Effects


Supplies for Crumb Cake card:
Stamps: SU! 'Best of Flowers' set, 'Thanks so much' from SU! 'Simply Sketched' set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Marina Mist & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Top Note die, Apothecary Accents Framelits die, Little Leaves Sizzlits die, Fancy Fan embossing folder, Pansy punch, Itty Bitty flower punch, paper piercer, sponge daubers, water spritzer bottle
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Early Espresso stitched ribbon, Early Espresso brads, Marina Mist flower shaped brad, Rhinestone Jewel, Dimensionals


 photo FlowerRuth.gif 


1 comment:

Rocky said...

WOW! I like them all, but I think card number two is my favourite. Although I do like the Hydrangea....oh dear that's two sets...and counting!

01 09 10