Wednesday 11 February 2015

Holly Joy Card - CASE-ing Christmas Challenge #6

I was determined to play along with the CASE-ing Christmas challenge this week to add another Christmas card to the 2015 stash.  This week we're to CASE this fab card made by Ellen.


I love the colours Ellen used for her card so I opted for kraft, white, red and green - such a fresh, crisp look I think.  I also CASEd the layout and Ellen's use of holly and the word 'Joy'.  My 'Joy' Sizzlits die has been in my stash for many years but it hasn't seen the light of day for a very long time!  I glued panels of kraft and white CS to a Garden Green mat layer, added cheery red and white gingham ribbon and glued the layer to the front of a 4 3/4" square white card base.  I die cut the 'joy' square twice, once from kraft CS and again from white CS.  I inlaid the white 'joy' into the kraft square and applied Glossy Accents to the word.  I punched the holly leaves and used red gems for berries.  I popped up the 'joy' square and finished the front by adding some red sequins. 


Here's the inside and the envelope.


For a few years I was on the Design Team of a Christmas card challenge blog which made it easy for me to make my Christmas cards throughout the whole year.  Even though I'm no longer on a DT  I still want to make my Christmas cards throughout the year - here's hoping I'll keep up with that good habit!   

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set
CS: PaperMania square white card base, PaperMania Kraftstax A4 CS, SU! Garden Green, Real Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Real Red
Tools: Sizzix 'Joy' Sizzlits die, Martha Stewart 'Holly Branch' punch, square Nestabilities dies
Embellishments & accessories: red & white gingham ribbon, Ranger Glossy Accents, red sequins, PaperMania red gems, 3D foam tape 


 photo RoseRuth.gif



7 comments:

Rocky said...

Another stunning creation Ruth. I love the card but I always love how you decorate inside and the envelope too.

Mynn xx said...

LOVE it! I adore the use of glossy accents on the sentiment--it really pops! Gorgeous card, Ruth! Thanks for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

PS: You won some of our blog candy! Email me your snail mail and I'll get it to you. :)

Sharon said...

Great card. Xsharonx

Unknown said...

Ruth this is a great CASE of my card! I really love that you used the negative of the die cut and added the glossy accents! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the CASE-ing Christmas Challenge! Hope to see you again soon!

Donna Nuce said...

HI Ruth! Loving your take on the CASE card. That shiny JOY really stands out. Thanks for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas!

Peanut said...

AWESOME card, my friend!!! LOVE your take on the CASE card. You're a winner... no, seriously! Don't forget to claim it. Thank you for sharing your project with CASE-ing Christmas. A new challenge has started and I hope you’ll join us again.
hugs, Asha

Pat said...

Excellent case of the original card! Thank you for sharing your card with us at caseing for Christmas. Pat DT x

01 09 10