Thursday 19 March 2015

Bunny Card & Gift Bag For 'Hoppy Easter' Glitter Pot Class

This afternoon I ran a 'Hoppy Easter' class at the Glitter Pot.  I fell in love with the adorable Woodware 'Hoppy Bunny' stamp as soon as I saw it and was thrilled to be able to feature it in a class at the shop!  I decided a Happy Easter card and a matching gift bag for some treats would be perfect projects for the class and the bunny heads just HAD to be put on wobble springs to ramp up the cute factor!  I enjoyed making these SO much - I knew I found the bunny totally appealing but I'm a tad concerned about how much I ended up loving the carrots LOL!

So here's the card and gift bag together.  After taking the photographs I decided to change the brads on the bag handle from round ones to sweet flower shaped ones!


The bunny was stamped four times (for two complete bunnies and two bunny heads) and fussy cut.  The whole bunny had to have surgery - the ears and part of the face were chopped off  (I know, so cruel!) so that those parts weren't visible when the head was wobbled on the spring.  I used ProMarkers to add some colour to the bunnies and to colour the carrots.  The bunny bodies are popped up on foam pads and then the heads were attached over the top with wobble action springs. 

Here's just the card on its own.   I glued one carrot flat and popped up the other two.


Here's the gift bag.  I used the We R Memory Keepers Gift Bag Punch Board to make the bag - but I altered the design a bit.  The punch board allows you to make a gusseted bag but I wanted a straight sided bag I could add a handle to.  So when I made the bag I omitted the triangle and side score lines on the sides of the bag and ended up with a straight sided bag - and when the handle is attached it's almost a basket.  I LOVE these WRMK Punch Boards and now I love my Gift Bag Punch Board even more now I realise it's got more versatility!  I used Doodlebug 'Dragonfly' CS for the handle and actually glued two strips of card together to make a stronger handle.


The bag was made with Doodlebug Easter Parade 'Darling Daisies' patterned paper and to add strength I cut and scored an inner sleeve made from the 'Dragonfly' card.  I glued the tab on the sleeve and simply slid it inside the bag.  I love that the sleeve not only strengthens the bag, it protects little (or big!) fingers from the brad prongs and it also looks neater!


All the ladies loved their cute bunny cards and bags and we had a very happy afternoon!

Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'Hoppy Bunny' & 'Easter Greetings' sets
CS: Glitter Pot thick white card,  black card, Doodlebug 'Dragonfly'

Patterned paper: Doodlebug Easter Parade 'Darling Daisies'
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, ProMarkers (Ice Grey 2, Sunkissed Pink, Grass, Mango & Burnt Orange)
Tools: WRMK Gift Bag Punch Board
Embellishments & accessories: Woodware flower brads & action wobble springs, 3D foam pads


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10