Monday 20 July 2015

Regal Striplet & Butterfly Circle Happy Birthday Card

My creating and blogging have had to take a back seat recently because I've started a new part time job.  Hopefully, once I'm more settled in and used to the shift schedules I'll become better at combining work and my hobby!  I'm off today and again on Thursday so I'll be spending time in my craft room for sure - although a serious tidy up is needed before I can start creating!

Today I'm sharing a card I made using the 'Regal' Striplet die and my new 'Embrace Beauty' stamp set - both are gorgeous products!  I've used new products but have relied on a tried and tested and favourite colour combo of Pool Party and Island Indigo.  Here's the card and the front of the envelope together.   I used both the inner and outer dies to cut a Pool Party Striplet shape, glued that over the top of an Island Indigo CS strip, glued it to the front of the envelope and added a rhinestone to the centre of the Striplet design.


I used the inner Striplet die to cut the shape twice from the Pool Party CS panel, glued that to an Island Indigo CS mat, cut a circular aperture out and added an Island Indigo CS frame. I used double sided adhesive sheet to apply Iced Snow Glitter Jewels to a piece of Pool Party CS and I glued that to the front of the 5" x 7" white card base.  With 3D foam tape I popped up the Striplet panel and I added decorative corner die cut shapes to each corner.  I stamped and punched the circular image and popped that up.  I fussy cut a butterfly, coloured the wings with a Pool Party marker and glued it over the top making sure to fold the wings up.  I added rhinestones to the butterfly body and to the die cut corners.  I stamped, die cut and popped up the sentiment label and added punched circles and aqua Creative Expressions Dazzlers. 


Here's a closer look at the circle aperture.  I love that glittery sparkle!


Here's the inside of the card and the back of the envelope.  I stamped, coloured and fussy cut two more butterflies to go inside the card and added a stamped, coloured and punched circle element to the envelope flap.  A fairly time consuming card but so worth it I think, I'm happy with the end result anyway!


Supplies:
Stamps: Taylored Expressions 'Embrace Beauty' set, Hero Arts 'Yummy Treats' set
CS: PaperMania 5" x 7" white card blank, SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Island Indigo, SU! Pool Party marker
Tools: Sue Wilson 'Regal' Striplet die set, circle Nestabilities dies, Sizzix 'Charms, Fancy' Framelits die set, Die'sire Essentials 'Decorative Corner 1' die set, Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Frame Borders' die set, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: 'Iced Snow' Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels,  Creative Expressions Aqua Dazzlers, Woodware double sided self adhesive sheet, SU! rhinestone jewels, 3D foam tape


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10