Sunday 7 August 2016

Vase Of Hydrangeas Thank You Card

This is a thank you card I made for my lovely friend Lesley using  newly acquired stamps - the Stampendous 'Build a Bouquet' cling stamp set.  I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it!  There are matching dies for the stamp set but as I'm quite happy to fussy cut images I only bought the stamp set.

The card base is A6 sized and I used Smoky Slate CS.  I used ProMarkers to colour the images and I used a clear Wink of Stella pen to add some subtle shimmer to the stones at the bottom of the vase.  The vase, flowers and leaves are all popped up.  I added some Smoky Slate ink underneath and around the vase to provide some grounding and I layered the panel onto a mat layer of black CS.  I glued the whole panel to the front of the card and stamped the sentiment.


Here's the inside and the envelope with more stamped and fussy cut hydrangea clusters.  I had a very happy time making this card!


Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous 'Build a Bouquet' cling set, Clearly Besotted 'Brushed Greetings II' set
CS: SU! Smoky Slate, Basic Black & Whisper White (thick & regular)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, ProMarkers
Tools: sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: clear Wink of Stella pen, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10