Thursday 20 October 2016

A Batch Of Snowflake Merriest Wishes Cards

We've just come back from a lovely, relaxing break in the New Forest with our very good friends Debs and Mike.  Before we went I'd started a batch of Christmas cards and today I was able to finish them off.  I very rarely make a batch of cards but I realised that I wouldn't have enough Christmas cards this year unless I made multiples of some designs!

Here's my completed batch of 20 cards and envelopes.


This photo shows the card front, inside and envelope.


I die cut the snowflakes and cross stitched rectangles first, then I stamped the sentiment on the card fronts, stamped the insides of the cards and then stamped the envelope flaps.  The MISTI certainly makes short work of stamping a batch of cards!  I punched circles and small snowflakes for the centres of the large snowflakes and assembled the snowflakes.  This afternoon all I had to do to finish the cards was to glue the die cut cross stitched rectangles in place and to pop up the snowflakes.

Here's one of the cards.  The white cards are A6 sized, the large snowflakes were die cut from SU! Pool Party CS, I used SU! Bermuda Bay CS for the die cut cross stitched rectangles and the punched circles and I stamped the sentiment in Bermuda Bay ink.  I punched the small snowflakes from SU! Silver Glimmer Paper to add a touch of festive sparkle.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I used Bermuda Bay ink for the sentiments and the snowflakes on the envelope flaps.  I used Pool Party ink to stamp the snowflake ornament hanging from the sentiment.  All the hanging snowflakes were stamped in exactly the right place thanks to the marvellous MISTI!   


My World Cardmaking Day project for this year was to make a batch of 10 Christmas cards.  I had a lovely day in my craft room creating them and it's very satisfying to see them all boxed up ready to be written out.  I'll be sharing those on the blog in December after they've been given out!  

I definitely want to make another batch of Christmas cards but I've got other stuff to work on first.    

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' set, Hobby Art 'Christmas Robins' set, My Cute Stamps 'Let It Snow!' set
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, SU! Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay & Pool Party
Tools: Sweet Dixie 'Large Swirly Snowflake' die, Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Frame' rectangle die set, SU! 3/4" circle punch, X Cut snowflake punch, MISTI
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10