Tuesday 8 August 2017

Butterfly Duo Thanks So Much Gate Fold Card

Last month at card group Wendy brought along some stamps and other crafty goodies that she no longer wanted and she very kindly let us choose whatever we wanted.  As soon as I saw some stamps from the old, retired SU! 'Touch of Nature' set I nabbed them!  I used to have that set but I sold it on eBay years ago and there have been a few times when I've missed it.  I remembered making a lovely blue and yellow gate fold card with the set during a Stamper's Ten Make and Take evening at Joanne's.  I mentioned the card but neither Jan nor Wendy could recall it.  I checked back and found the card on my blog and I decided it would be fun to remake the card using the stamps I nabbed from Wendy!

Here's the original card.



Blimey, it was made way back in July 2009! Here's the blog post for the original card.

Here's my August 2017 version of the card.  The original used Brocade Blue, a Stampin' Up! colour which has long retired, so I paired the So Saffron with Marina Mist.


Here's the card standing open.


Here's the inside.


I didn't decorate the envelopes of my cards back in 2009 but, of course, I had to make a matching envelope for my August 2017 version!  


I was going to give the card to Wendy at the August card group meeting but I forgot to take it with me so I'll give it to her next month.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Touch of Nature' & 'Sincere Salutations' sets
CS: SU! Marina Mist, So Saffron & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Marina Mist & So Saffron
Tools: SU! 'Ticket Corner' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! pearl jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth



No comments:

01 09 10