Friday 24 November 2017

Christmas Winter Snow Merry Christmas Card

A while ago I bought the gorgeous Apple Blossom 'All Occasion' embossing folder.  I then discovered the entire Apple Blossom 'All Occasion' collection and I just couldn't resist adding more products to the stash!  I got the 'Christmas Winter Snow' embossing folder, the 'Christmas Wintry Additions' die set and the 'Wavy Sentiments' stamp set!  They all work together beautifully!

For this Christmas Card I applied SU! Dapper Denim Ink to the inside of the 'Christmas Winter Snow' embossing folder using a brayer, carefully placed a piece of Whisper White thick CS inside the folder and ran it through my Big Shot.  The panel came out somewhat blotchy so I applied ink again to the inside of the folder, very carefully positioned the piece of CS inside the folder, making sure to line it up exactly and ran it through the Big Shot again - much better, more even coverage!  I love how the blue ink has missed the white raised embossed bits!

The embossing folder has 'Let It Snow' on the curvy strip portion but I'm not keen on that saying nowadays (I'd much prefer it if it didn't snow!) so I die cut the curvy strip, stamped 'Merry Christmas' on it and glued it over the top.  I trimmed the panel and mounted it onto the front of a 5 3/4" white card base.  I die cut a snowflake, glued a punched circle behind it and popped the snowflake up onto a Dapper Denim die cut stitched circle - which I also popped up.  I added a clear faceted gem to the centre of the snowflake to finish off the front.


Here's the inside and the envelope where I kept the snowflake theme going.


Supplies:
Stamps: Apple Blossom 'Wavy Sentiments' set, Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' set
CS: SU! Dapper Denim & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Color Theory' DSP stack
Ink: SU! Dapper Denim
Tools: Apple Blossom 'Christmas Winter Snow' embossing folder, 'Christmas Wintry Additions' die set, SU! 'Stitched Shape' circle Framelits dies, circle punches, brayer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! clear faceted gem, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Ruth, your cards are beautiful! Got to say love all your cards thank you for sharing. Stay safe.

01 09 10