Wednesday 31 January 2018

My New Me Motivation Packet

I recently came across an AlteNew stamp set called 'New Me'.  As a new me is what I'm working towards this set sparked my interest immediately and I purchased the set to make myself something motivational.  I'm following Slimming World in order to lose weight and I've recently joined a Clubbercise exercise class.  There will definitely be a new me in 2018!

There are many other things I'd like to work on too.  I wanted to put a few goals and plans in place and this stamp set was a fun way for me to make up a little new me motivation packet.

So here's my motivation packet made using Old Olive CS and a die cut mini treat bag.  I decorated the front using gorgeous patterned paper from the SU! 'Sweet Soirée' DSP pack and some Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon.  I stamped the words onto a stitched rectangle die cut shape and embellished it with flowers and leaves from the 'Cake Soirée' stamp set, cut out with matching dies and a few clear faceted gems.  I joined six index cards together with ribbon and placed them inside the packet.  I like the fact that I can always add more index cards if I need to.


Here's my inspiring words index card.  I stamped each index card with words and a floral image (from the SU! 'Wood Words' set).


Here's my 'new me goals' index card.


Here's my 'this year I will' index card.


Here's my 'dear self' index card.  There'll be achievements to record along the way and this is where I plan to record my progress - hopefully this will encourage me and spur me on to further success!


Here's my 'things I love about me' index card.  I don't want to focus just on my shortcomings as that could lead to feeling negative and unhappy.  To get a sense of balance I feel it's important to acknowledge some good things about myself too!   


Finally, here's my 'things I wish to improve this year' index card.


There are some lovely, encouraging, inspiring people at my Slimming World group and I plan to make a few of these to give out as little gifts.  I'll pop one in to the Slimmer of the Week basket every now and again too.  This will ensure I'll get a fair bit of use out of the 'New Me' stamp set!

Supplies:
Stamps: AlteNew 'New Me' set, SU! 'Cake Soirée' & 'Wood Words' sets
CS: SU! Old Olive & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Sweet Soirée' Specialty DSP pack
Ink: SU! Marina Mist, Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: SU! 'Mini Treat Bag' Thinlits &  'Sweet Cake' Framelits die sets, M&C Boutique stitched rectangle die set (from the Works)
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10