Wednesday 21 March 2018

Flourishing Phrases Motivation Packet

Another motivation packet I've put together for one of my Slimming World buddies.  Before I went to my first Slimming World meeting I fully expected to really dislike the group aspect.  I thought it was only fair to give it a try though so I decided to stay for a few weeks and then decide after that if I would stay to group every week or go home after being weighed.  Well, I was so wrong, it didn't take long for me to realise how beneficial staying to group is - especially with the fab bunch of people that are in our group.  We have such a lovely group, such supportive cheerleaders who are willing you to succeed, to pick you up and encourage you when you're struggling and we always have fun too!  I love going to group, it's a really positive, uplifting experience for me, a highlight of my week in fact.  Even better if I'd had a loss!

For this packet I took inspiration from this trio of cards I made a while back using a colour combo of Night of Navy, Peekaboo Peach and Pool Party and the Flourishing Phrases stamp set. The 'friends are kind to each other's hopes & cherish each other's dreams' sentiment seemed perfect to use for a motivation packet to gift to one of my group friends!  I stamped the Peekaboo Peach flower twice, once in full strength ink and again in stamped off once ink and I stamped part of the flower in Night Of Navy ink so I could have a dark centre for the flower.  I fussy cut the flower layers, stacked them, stamped and fussy cut the leaves, adhered the leaves behind the flower and popped the whole thing up.


Here's the packet and the index cards tied together with a ribbon.


Here are the index cards fanned out.  I included 'goals', 'I will', 'things I wish to improve', 'dear self' and 'things I love about me' cards and I also included two blank cards, so seven index cards in all.  


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Flourishing Phrases' & 'Garden in Bloom' sets, AlteNew 'New Me' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Peekaboo Peach & Whisper White, index cards

Patterned paper: SU! 'Floral Boutique' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Night of Navy, Peekaboo Peach & Pool Party
Tools: SU! 'Mini Treat Bag' Thinlits die set, MISTI
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pool Party ribbon, Dimensionals

Ruth





No comments:

01 09 10