Friday 18 May 2018

Sparkled Tree Merry Christmas Card

Some unexpected free time meant I got to play in my craft room and I went mad and decided to make a Christmas card!  I'm taking part in the CHNC challenge 385.  It's an anything goes challenge with the option of adding a tree.

I've used SU! Island Indigo and Night of Navy as my colour combo.  I stamped a tone on tone background of snowflakes and I heat embossed the sentiment. I revived an oldie but goodie technique of using double sided adhesive sheet to add glitter to an entire stamped panel.  I added gem brads to the corners of the image panel and I've popped the panel up.


Here's a closer look at the sparkle.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.


I was woefully unprepared last Christmas so I really want to make an effort to get some Christmas cards made throughout the year so I don't have it all to do in November and December.  We'll see how that goes!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Lovely as a Tree'  & 'Greetings of the Season' sets, Woodware 'Snowflakes & Sparkles' stamp, Stampendous 'Snow Brackets' stamp
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Island Indigo & Night of Navy, navy Sharpie marker
Tools: heat tool, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: gem brads, double sided adhesive sheet, SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10