Saturday 31 August 2019

Ornaments Deck the Halls Christmas Card

There's not been much activity lately in my craft room, a very sad state of affairs!  I'm trying to kickstart my mojo and get back to creating more often and to help with that I've signed up for a monthly online class.  One of the things that appealed to me about the class is that you get a number of card layouts to work with throughout the month.  I find when you have a good sketch to start with you're halfway to creating a card, as your layout is already decided on which saves time!   I signed up late for the August class so I probably won't get all the sketch cards made but I'm hoping to do more for the rest of the monthly classes.

I decided to make my first layout card a Christmas card because, as per usual, I haven't started making them early enough in the year, even though I always say I will!  I've used some new SU! supplies from the 'Brightly Gleaming' suite of products.  The papers in the 'Brightly Gleaming' Specialty DSP pack are gorgeous, rich colours with copper foil detailing, so luxurious!  I love the unusual, non traditional colours for Christmas showcased by this suite.  You can never go wrong with stamps and matching punches either, that always makes a card come together quickly!

My colour combo is Night of Navy, Pretty Peacock, Mossy Meadow and Very Vanilla.  I stamped the ornaments using VersaMark, heat embossed with copper embossing powder, punched them out and popped them up after drawing strings and bows with a metallic Sharpie.  I also used the Sharpie to add lines all around the die cut stitched rectangle and then I popped the whole panel up.  To finish the front I added a couple of rhinestones.  


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Gleaming' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy & Very Vanilla 

Patterned paper: SU! 'Brightly Gleaming' Specialty DSP
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Mossy Meadow & Night of Navy, metallic Sharpie
Tools: SU! 'Gleaming Ornaments' Punch Pack, 'Stitched Rectangle' die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! copper embossing powder, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10