Saturday 13 September 2014

Baubles Flourish Merry Christmas Card - 52 {C}CT Sept Colour Challenge

Asha has set us a wonderful colour challenge this week at 52 {C}CT.


Red  OR  Blue  +  Black  AND  White  +  Silver  OR  Gold

You may use various shades of Red (such as burgundy, poppy, crimson, scarlet, excluding pink) OR Blue (royal blue, sky blue, cornflower blue, navy).

My choice was to add blue and silver to the black and white for my card.  I've made black, white and blue Christmas cards before and loved the combo but I haven't made one for a long time and I really enjoyed using the combo again.

I stamped the Baubles Flourish image in black ink onto a white CS panel, stamped the baubles on a separate piece of CS in Marina Mist ink and fussy cut the Marina Mist baubles.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with silver powder, layered the white panel onto a black mat, adhered that to the front of a 5 3/4" square Marina Mist card base and popped up the baubles.  I added three Marina Mist punched snowflakes and sprinkled on silver nailheads to complete the card front.


The IndigoBlu Baubles Flourish stamp is a gorgeous, elegant image - it has flourishes and snowflakes so that's a winner with me straight away - but I also love that you can use just the flourish part of the image.  As I always decorate the insides of my cards plus the envelopes I knew I'd use that feature a lot!  After I'd stamped the flourishes on opposite corners I added the stamped and silver embossed sentiment panel and decided to add one bauble hanging from the flourish.  I added tiny punched snowflakes and sprinkled more silver nailheads.


Here's the envelope flap with another bauble and more snowflakes.


Please do join us this week at 52 {C}CT, you know that Christmas card stash needs topping up!  The rest of the DT have made wonderful cards to inspire you so check those out before you get on with your own festive makes!

Supplies:
Stamps: IndigoBlu 'Baubles Flourish', Stampendous 'Fancy Christmas', inside sentiment from Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' clear set
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Marina Mist, Encore Silver pigment ink
Tools: heat tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: silver embossing powder, small & large silver nailheads, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

9 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

OMGoodness Ruth - how gorgeous!!! Love your beautiful baubles and embossed sentiment. Hugs D

AlisonC said...

You are right, this is a lovely colour combo. Your cards are elegant and unusual, thanks for the inspiration. And the envelope...gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

A very stylish and classy card Ruth, beautifully stamped and embellished. A jog well done. Hugs, Gill xx

Fabiola said...

oh Ruth, j'adore, quelle élégance et quel chic tout en restant très sobre, biz

Jacqueline said...

So gorgeous Ruth - love the silver, looks so elegant - Jacqueline xx

Deborah Frings said...

Stunning!! I love the blue card base the flourish branch and pretty ornaments. And a super inside and envelope too. You rocked this challenge!

Patricia Hays said...

The swirls in the elegant sentiment are a great complement to the elaborate flourish. I love the blue snowflakes! Excellent job, Ruth!

Peanut said...

Oh my word, Ruth!!! LOVE this card - the swirls, the snowflakes and baubles. And lots of silver for a very festive shine ... STUNNING!
hugs, Asha

Margaret said...

Love it Ruth. Love the colour combo and the inside and envelope too. Just perfect.
Thanks for your thoughts on the Copics. Was really just having a moan out loud because it means buying more refills.
Hugs
Margaret M

01 09 10