Wednesday 17 September 2014

Sunshine Friendship Card - CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #91

When I first saw the Kinda Eclectic stamp set in the new SU! annual catalogue I had a decided 'meh' reaction to it.  However, I browse Pinterest regularly and I kept noticing Kinda Eclectic cards appearing - cards I really liked!  From 'meh' to 'must have' all thanks to the clever stampers who saw the potential of the set and shared their creations on Pinterest!  I particularly like how the circle image can represent a sun and I saw lots of cards using that idea.

I came across the CAS Colours & Sketches #91 challenge the other day while surfing the web and decided the layout was perfect for a sunshine card!


I cut a strip of Whisper White CS, stamped the circle burst in Daffodil Delight ink, the leaves in stamped off once Wild Wasabi ink and the sentiment in black ink.  Using an ink duster brush I applied Memento Cantaloupe and Tangelo inks to a scrap of Whisper White CS and punched out a 1 3/4" circle which I glued at the centre of the circle burst.  After trimming the sun circle I layered the strip onto a black CS mat and glued that to the front of a 5 1/4" square white card base.  I then glued on two stamped and punched butterflies and added rhinestones to the bodies.  


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I used a smaller circle (1 1/2") for the centre of the sun inside the card.  What a happy card to make - friends, sunshine and butterflies - three wonderful things in life that bring joy!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Kinda Eclectic' set, Inkylicious 'Sunshine Friends'
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Bermuda Bay & Pool Party, Memento Tuxedo Black, Cantaloupe & Tangelo
Tools: SU! 'Elegant Butterfly', 'Bitty Butterfly' & 1 3/4" circle punches, Woodware 1 1/2" circle punch, Inkylicious ink duster brush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels


 photo RoseRuth.gif


3 comments:

Patricia Hays said...

A sunshine was my first thought when I saw this sketch, too! :) I love the color gradient in yours. You've chosen the perfect sentiment to pair with it! Super job, Ruth. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

karen h said...

Wonderful card - great use of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Louise van Vuren said...

Great to see you here Ruth! Love the sun, absolutely fab use of the sketch and very CAS. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches

Louise xx

01 09 10