Monday 22 September 2014

Gold Stencilled Flower Just For You Card - Fab Friday 50 Challenge

Whilst browsing Pinterest a few days ago I came across this beautiful gold and white card made by Amanda Mertz and that led me to the Fab Friday 50 challenge.  Hmmm, I've made silver and white cards but I don't think I've ever made a card using only gold and white - I don't know why and I decided I had to rectify that situation!  I just happened to have a brand new bottle of gold shimmer paint so this was a nudge for me to open that and use it with a flower stencil.

 

Firstly, I taped the stencil to a piece of Whisper White CS, squeezed some paint onto a ceramic tile and used a sponge dauber to apply the paint.  The stencil is long and narrow and I thought my large  panel looked too stark with just the stencilled image on it so I stamped a few background stamps over the panel in gold Encore pigment ink.  I tried various sizes and shapes of cards to put my long narrow panel on and wasn't satisfied with any of them!  So I chopped the panel down to a smaller size and opted to use a 5 1/4" square card - much happier with that!  Rather than matting the panel onto a layer I edged the panel with gold paint and popped it up on the card front after adding torn Brushed Gold CS.  I popped up the stamped and punched sentiment oval and added gold nailheads to the flower panel. 


The stencil is called 'Meadow Flower' and it seems to me a stylised version of an agapanthus so I stamped an agapanthus image inside the card and on the envelope flap in gold Encore pigment ink to complete the card. 


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'French Script' background stamp, IndigoBlu 'Crackleglaze' background stamp, postmark from PaperMania All Aboard 'Air Mail' set, SU! 'Oval All' set, Stampendous 'Agapanthus Thank You' clear set
CS: PaperMania white square card blank, SU! Whisper White & Brushed Gold CS
Ink: Encore gold pigment ink
Tools: Imagination Crafts 'Meadow Flower' panel stencil, SU! plain & scalloped oval punches, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Cosmic Shimmer 'Antique Gold' shimmer paint, gold nailheads, ceramic tile, SU! Dimensionals




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 

4 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Thanks so much for the shout out for my card Ruth! I'm so glad that it inspired you for your card! I love that stencil image and it is so stunning with the gold paint. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday...hope to see you again!

Dora B. said...

A very rich looking card. Thank you for showing a product I am unfamiliar with, I think, I have to get some shimmer paint now.

Brian King said...

Ruth, You've done an amazing job with this color challenge! Love the image you used and really love the way the torn paper adds texture to your layout. Thanks for playing along with this FabFriday color challenge.

Cindy Beach said...

Hi, Ruth!
I'm so glad you rectified not having made a gold card yet. I love the softness of the script background and stenciled flower on your beautiful card. The sponged gold edge is the perfect touch. I hope you'll play again at Fab Friday - thanks so much for joining us!

01 09 10