Saturday 6 September 2014

From Our House To Yours Christmas Card - 52 {C}CT Sept Sketch Challenge

It's the start of a new month which means a new challenge hostess at 52 CCT and during September the lovely Asha will be our hostess.  This week at 52 CCT we have a sketch challenge for you - what a fun layout!

 

For my card I've mixed new and old stash - my new SU! 'Holiday Home' stamp set and some old, hoarded patterned paper.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with a fishtail flag banner die, shaped it and glued the banner to the Real Red A6 card base. I adhered the holly paper and added the ribbon and a bow.  I stamped the house in VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink on watercolour paper, coloured with inks and a water brush, stamped Real Red festive lights and fussy cut the house.  I die cut 4 circles using Very Vanilla and Wild Wasabi CS circles and popped up the house.  I stacked three vanilla die cut snowflakes together and added a red sparkly dome sticker to the centre. 


I added more holly paper inside and on the envelope flap and stamped another sentiment to complete the card.  


Please do check out what the other DT members have made to inspire you and then go and create a Christmas card using this fab layout.  Link up your card on this post at 52 {C}CT so we can visit your blog and see your festive creations!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Holiday Home' set, Woodware 'Happiest of Christmases' set
CS: SU! Real Red, Wild Wasabi & Very Vanilla, watercolour paper

Patterned paper: SU! 'Holly Berry Bouquet' DSP pack
Ink: VersaFine Vintage Sepia, SU! Baked Brown Sugar, Daffodil Delight, Real Red & So Saffron
Tools: circle Nestabilities dies, Sweet Dixie 'Snowflakes' die set, MFT Die-namics 'Fishtail Flags Stax' die, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania red Shimmer Dome Sticker, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

7 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Ruth - this is fab! I love the pretty house, so beautifully coloured and the great snowflake too. As always, you've rocked the inside and envelope!

meg said...

Ruth love your card ,it is perfect your house glows the effect is warm and homely. I found this sketch challenging (you may recognise the ribbon )

Anonymous said...

What a great way to use up some of your Christmassy paper stash! Love the house image and how you've coloured it. I've now added that set to my wish list! Hugs, Gill xx

Fabiola said...

quel amour Ruth, elle est tout a fait charmante et pleine de bonheur, biz

Patricia Hays said...

I love your use of traditional Christmas colors here! The sentiment you chose works perfectly with the house image. Wonderful job all around, Ruth!

Peanut said...

Aaaaw! look at those fairy lights on the house - how cute is that. I like that you used trad colours. Have a great week, Ruth!
hugs, Asha

Danielle Vincent said...

LOVE this Ruth! It has such a "homey" -pardon the pun- feel to it. Love your flagged sentiment too. Hugs D

01 09 10