Friday 2 March 2018

Watercoloured Yellow Rose Birthday Card

A day off from work meant a nice leisurely breakfast which gave me time to browse Pinterest.  Being a chilly mortal I'm not fond of the cold and snow so I was extremely happy to stay snug and warm in my craft room today!  After I came across this lovely card made by Patrice Halliday-Larsen I headed off to the craft room and got creating.

Spring can't come fast enough for me and while I love the soft pink that Patrice used I chose to go with a typical spring combo of yellow and green.  Patrice has this video showing how she made the card and I followed her very helpful instructions.  I used SU! Shimmery White CS and coloured the leaves with Pear Pizzazz ink and the rose with Daffodil Delight ink.  I put drops of re-inker on a ceramic tile and picked up the colour with an Aquapainter.

Unfortunately, after positioning the die cut and cutting round the rose and leaves I discovered a splodge of green ink on the card front so I must have put my hand on the tile at some point and transferred some ink. 😞  After all that work I wasn't going to start again so I stamped and fussy cut a bee to cover the splodge - embrace the embellishment opportunity I say!  I used a clear Wink of Stella pen on the bee's wings and popped the bee up.  I stamped the sentiment and added the rhinestone jewels to finish the front.


Here's the card open so you can see it's a gate fold card.


Here's the cut away rose side of the gate fold.  It's really not that bad to trim around the die cut shape.


Here's the inside of the gate fold card.  I used oval 'Stitched Shape' Framelits dies for the sentiment and added three rhinestone jewels.


Here's the back of the envelope.  I die cut the leaves in Old Olive CS, trimmed a bit off, glued the shape to the flap and coloured in the leaves with Pear Pizzazz ink using the Aquapainter.  I die cut the small rose using a die from the 'Sweet Cake' die set and I glued a 1" punched circle to the back to keep all the pieces in place.  I coloured in the rose with the Daffodil Delight ink and the Aquapainter and popped the rose up.


Many thanks to Patrice for sharing her card and instructions and for the inspiration, I had a very happy time in my craft room - even with the ink splodge incident!  

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Rose Wonder', 'Birthday Blooms' & 'Dragonfly Dreams' sets
CS: SU! Shimmery White & Old Olive
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight & Pear Pizzazz, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: SU! 'Rose Garden' Thinlits & 'Sweet Cake' & 'Stitched Shape' Framelits die sets, 1" circle punch,  Aquapainter
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals, clear Wink of Stella pen

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10