Sunday 16 October 2011

Blue Sparkly Tree Merry Christmas Card

Another sparkly Christmas card to add to the box.  I started off with an A6 Baja Breeze card but I chopped some off the right hand side and used a snowflake border punch to add a decorative edge.  I stamped the tree with Night of Navy ink and stamped the swoosh underneath to ground the tree with Baja Breeze ink.  I used Heat and Stick powder before sprinkling on Dazzling Diamonds to make the whole panel sparkly.  I added a thin mat of Night of Navy CS, stamped the sentiment and added a navy strip next to the snowflake border.  To finish off the card front I added clear rhinestones to the snowflakes.


I glued a white panel inside the card but I felt that the part that was visible from the front looked too stark so I stamped the Texture wheel stamp in Baja Breeze.  Much better, just takes that starkness away!  I added a navy strip, stamped the sentiment, rounded the corners and added some punched snowflakes.  I stamped a snowflake border on the front of the envelope.



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Branch & Flourish Tree, swoosh from Hero Arts Friendship Messages clear set, Merry Christmas from SU! Seasonal Wishes set, inside sentiment from Stampendous Christmas Wishes clear set, SU! Texture wheel stamp, snowflake border from My Cute Stamps Let It Snow set
CS: SU! Baja Breeze, Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Baja Breeze & Night of Navy, VersaMark
Tools: EK Success Snowflake slim edger punch, Woodware small snowflake punch, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Heat & Stick powder, SU! Dazzling Diamonds, clear rhinestones


Photobucket

3 comments:

Robin McK said...

Ruth, this is absolutely gorgeous! I think I will have to CASE it soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

Margaret said...

Beautiful! Love how you carried the snowy theme throughout the card!

Deb Mills (aka Debbie Do SCS) said...

This card is stunning!

01 09 10