Sunday 13 November 2011

Tinsel Tree Merry Christmas Card

I bought some Olive Tinsel embossing powder a while ago, it's a gorgeous sparkly green colour but it seems very temperamental.  It took me several attempts to get a decent coverage of powder over my VersaMark stamped image, the powder wasn't sticking in several places so the image was patchy.  I was very happy with the image in the end but I can't be doing with it taking several tries to get it right, you don't need that when you're making Christmas cards!  I'm not the most patient person and I get frustrated if a product doesn't work well, I want things to be consistently reliable.  I shall try it again at some point and if it still frustrates me I shall let it go.

After finally getting an image I was happy with I cut out my ovals and sponged the edges of both white ovals. I made a 5 3/4" square Cherry Cobbler card and added some embossed lines as a subtle decoration.  I added 3 die cut snowflakes, popped on some rhinestones and popped up the sentiment oval.


Inside the card I stamped a sentiment and used markers to colour in the holly.  I stamped a snowflake cluster on the envelope flap to finish off.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Branch & Flourish Tree, SU! Contempo Christmas set, inside sentiment from Stampendous, PSX Snowflake Medley
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Cherry Cobbler, Riding Hood Red & Garden Green
Tools: Oval Nestabilities dies, Cuttlebug snowfake die, Scor-Pal, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Stampendous Olive Tinsel embossing powder, clear rhinestones, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

3 comments:

kelly said...

Another gorgeous creation Ruth, I was shamelessly trawling through your seasonal card album last night looking for christmas inspiration!
Kelly xx

Margaret said...

I know that the tree was giving you fits, but it is beautiful! The embossed lines were such a nice addition without taking away from the main image.

Sue said...

This is stunning Ruth Luv Sue x

01 09 10