Saturday 24 December 2011

Top Note Bag Gift Card Holder - Simply Stampin' Challenge #39

It's a theme challenge at the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog this week and the theme is Christmas.  I needed a gift card holder as a Christmas present so that's what I made. I'd just received some new SU! goodies among which was the Top Note die and so I just had to use that to make my holder! I saw this idea for a bag gift card holder and I just adapted it to make a Christmas version.

I die cut two Chocolate Chip Top Notes, I left one whole and scored it a little way down from the top and I cut a portion off the second one and glued the two shapes together. I die cut a Wasabi scalloped circle and then cut a plain circle out of some lovely Holly Berry Bouquet paper. I scored and folded the Wasabi circle in half and then folded the paper in half over the Wasabi circle and glued it down. Before gluing it to the bag, I punched two small holes, threaded Early Espresso taffeta ribbon through as a handle and I taped down the ends inside. After gluing the circle I punched a Riding Hood Red ornament, embossed it with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and sponged the edges with Riding Hood Red ink. I added the 'just for you' Word Window sentiment, three tiny rhinestones and I popped it up.  I die cut just a portion of the Top Note die twice - once in Chocolate Chip CS and once in the patterned paper.  I glued the paper to the CS and applied Dimensionals just at the bottom and sides and popped it up inside to form a pocket to slide the gift card into.   What a sweet way to package a gift card! 


I'm relieved to say that was the last Christmas project I needed to make!  I still have some Christmassy bits to show on the blog but I at least got everything made in good time this year!


I wish you all much happiness and a wonderful festive season!  I hope Santa leaves some lovely crafty gifts under the tree for you!  Eat, drink, be merry - and hope you can get inky too!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Just Believe set
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi & Riding Hood Red
Patterned paper: SU! Holly Berry Bouquet DSP pack
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip & Riding Hood Red
Tools: SU! Top Note die, plain and scalloped circle dies, SU! Ornament & Word Window punches, SU! Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, paper piercing tool, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Basic Rhinestones & Dimensionals

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kirei said...

Love the giftcard holder Ruth! Hope you had a lovely Christmas! Kirei x

Margaret said...

Such a wonderful way to give a gift card and I like that it can easily be changed to fit any occasion!

01 09 10