Saturday 17 December 2011

Vintage Vogue Best Wishes Easel Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #38

This week's Simply Stampin' challenge is a colour combo.  These are the colours: 
Great colours for a Christmas card but I really wanted a break from Christmas stuff so I made a Best Wishes easel card instead.  It's been far too long since I inked up the gorgeous Vintage Vogue set, it's one of my favourite stamp sets, I love it!  I also used the matching Very Vintage wheel stamp.

My Chocolate Chip easel card base is A6 sized.  I used Cherry Cobbler and Wild Wasabi CS as layers for my Very Vanilla stamped panel.  I stamped the leafy flourish in Wild Wasabi , some full strength and some stamped off.  I used Cherry Cobbler ink for the flowers, I stamped off twice and then rock and rolled in Cherry Cobbler ink.  I cut the flowers out, added some shaping and put gold brads in the centres.  The sentiment was stamped in Choc Chip ink, I edged the Vanilla panel in Choc Chip ink and added gold brads to the corners.  For the bottom of the card I inked the Very Vintage wheel stamp with VersaMark ink followed by Cherry Cobbler ink so that I could heat emboss the image with clear embossing powder.  I punched a Lace Ribbon Border from Vanilla CS, cut it in half and attached it to the Cherry Cobbler embossed strip.  I added punched Wasabi circles behind the border and then popped the whole strip up to act as the stop for the easel.  I added two small flowers to the strip.


I added a Vanilla message panel to the back of the card and stamped the Very Vintage wheel in Cherry Cobbler ink on the front of the envelope to finish off.  I really like this colour combo, it's so warm and rich.  I hope you play along too as I'd love to come and see what you create!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Vintage Vogue & Sincere Salutations sets, Very Vintage wheel
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip & Wild Wasabi, VersaMark
Tools: SU! Lace Ribbon Border punch, SU! Mat Pack & Paper Piercing Tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, SU! gold brads, SU! Dimensionals



Photobucket

3 comments:

kelly said...

Know what you mena about having enough of christmas cards! I've been asked to make a few personalised ones for a friend this weekend, but I've had enough now.
Love your card, easel's are my favourite! Can't remeber the last time I inked up this set!!
Kelly xx

Theresa said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the idea of the decorated sentiment panel.

Margaret said...

What a great use of this color combo! The pretty flowers from Vintage Vogue are such a nice change from Christmas!! A beautiful easel card!

01 09 10