Thursday 18 October 2012

Chipboard Snowflake Greetings Of The Season Card

This card features a chipboard snowflake that I rescued from the 'to be completed' box.  I bought a sheet of chipboard snowflake shapes a month or so ago and I got as far as applying some gilding flakes to one shape.   I've combined Bo Bunny papers, luscious SU! Champagne Glimmer Paper and the snowflake shape to put this card together.

I die cut the medium sized snowflake from the SU! Snow Flurry die using the Champagne paper and layered that onto the chipboard flake.  I stamped the sentiment onto a panel of patterned paper and layered onto Soft Suede and Champagne mats.    I originally stamped in Soft Suede ink but it didn't look right, something darker was needed.  I opted for Adirondack Ginger ink and held my breath while using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to overstamp the original sentiment.  Yay, it worked perfectly!  I stamped for years without owning a stamp positioner but now I have a Stamp-a-ma-jig I would NOT be without it!  Before adhering the panel to the 5 3/4" square card front I attached some brown ribbon and popped up the snowflake.


More snowflakes and glitter on the inside of the card.


I've used strips of patterned paper and Soft Suede CS for the envelope.  I also added a label using a die from the SU! Apothecary Accents set.  I've layered the patterned paper label onto pieces I cut off from a Soft Suede label in order to make a mat.


Another item gone from the 'to be completed' box and another Christmas card added to the stash - fab! 

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Greetings of the Season set, Stampendous 'Snow Brackets' cling stamp
CS: SU! Baja Breeze, Soft Suede & Whisper White, Champagne Glimmer paper
Ink: SU! Soft Suede, Adirondack Ginger
Tools: SU! Snow Flurry die, label die from SU! Apothecary Accents set, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: Woodware Chippies Snowflake, IndigoBlu Frosted Leaves gilding flakes, FlitterGlu & scoochy foam, American Crafts brown ribbon, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

Pia S said...

I've never thought of using gold together with blue, but it's a stunning looking combination! This clean layout is gorgeous!

kelly said...

OMG this card is a stunner and to think the snowflake was just lying in wait in your bits to use box!!!
I still haven't got my inky mitts on guilding flakes!! Boo hoo :( baby things keeping getting in my way!

Kelly xx

01 09 10